It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:55 pm

Free Newsletter

Greetings everyone...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Greetings everyone...

Postby desert_me » Mon May 22, 2006 9:13 am

Great to have found a support forum for this most difficult of tasks, losing weight.

Anyone who thinks it's just about willpower has to be joking.
I've earned high marks in 3 degrees, recovered from severe depression, and have overcome a great deal of shyness....

But I am still fat.

I haven't been my ideal weight since I was 12-13. Since then I've been piling it on, and failing to lose it, despite all my attempts at dieting.

My family members are also dieting, but are obsessive and dysfunctional about it - not to mention, ineffective.

And I will never find a man to love me, being this fat. :cry:
I am 29, and sick of being alone.
All the books that say you don't need to be thin to find love are lying. The world just isn't like that.

Hopefully I can find motivation and support here, so that I can get thin and find someone adorable.
desert_me

Postby Dolly » Mon May 22, 2006 10:37 am

Hi desert_me, congratulations on making the decision to join us on our journey to success.
There's a couple of diary threads and a challenge or two that might help make the trip a bit less of a struggle.
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Mon May 22, 2006 12:12 pm

Hi Desert-me, welcome to the forum. I hope we give you some inspiration to get moving with your weight loss! You need to be confident in what you are doing, and hey you don't need to be thin to get a man, but if you feel that way, then that is fine. I am sure it is certainly easier to attract a man if you are thin, but it comes in the form of a man who is more interested in looks! It's your self confidence that is important. You look at any man or woman that seems to have a lot of men/women after them, it's not necessarily what they look like, its their self confidence and boisterous personality generally! So I think it is important that you boost your confidence as well as shrinking your weight. Good luck with it all. I'm sure you will succeed. Be a positive person and it's amazing what you can achieve. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Mon May 22, 2006 9:01 pm

Hello desert_me and welcome to the forum.

This place has great support as well as plenty of info.

You're right this is a difficult task and it's not entirely willpower although I do think that forms part of it. I realised this week it is actually discipline that is really the key for me. Hmmm I think I feel a new thread coming on....

Anyway welcome again and well done on your weight loss so far. Good luck! :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon May 22, 2006 9:16 pm

Hi desert_me,
welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear that you feel that you are not woth the love of a man if you are fat since that's not true - everyone deserves to be loves by a romantic partner if that's what they desire! I agree that confidence is the key. I met my man on the one night I wasn't out looking for one. I was just out to have a fun night and I guess that must have just rubbed off!

The thing about will power is that it comes and goes. You need habit and choices to make a real difference to your lifestyle which is what makes the difference in your waistline - or at least that's what's worked for me!

Hope to see you in the forum!
Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions