It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Maryd. » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:03 am

Hi all,

I'm new to Weight loss. My name is Mary and I have recently become interested in weight loss. Being 29yrs old (alright already, I'm over forty.) I have found it harder to loose the weight. I'm an editor and proofreader, so my career consists of sitting... and sitting... and sitting... and well you guessed it more sitting.

So this year I decided to take matters into my own hands. I reduced the amount of food intake I was devouring daily. (And believe me - they were large and many portions) I also cook differently, like when making mash potato, I seperate my mash from the rest of the family, they get butter, milk and salt in their portion and mine is just plain. I have never been a big meat eater so weening myself of the fatty meats wasn't a problem. I have also replaced some of my meat meals for Tuna or Salmon.

I make any excuse to walk and I'm on the tredmil twice a day. I have only recently introduced weights. (1.5 kilos)

In five weeks, I have lost 7 kilos and 8cm off my hips. It was hard at first but I am happier, healthier and more confident than I've been in years.

The reason I joined this site is to learn more or get other tips on how I can improve. I'm not a huge lady, but big enough to know that I had trouble walking to the letterbox and back before I ran out of breath. Now, I can walk there and around the block twice, without being too puffed.

Anyway, that's my story.

bye for now
Mary
Smile the word is good to you and if it isn't, quit complaining and smile anyway.
Maryd.

Re: Newbie

Postby Shalimar » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:19 am

Hi Mary and welcome, you sound like you are well on your way to being where you want to be. Good luck with the rest :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:00 pm

Hiya Welcome and gratz on the loss so far :)
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Maryd. » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:41 am

Hi Shalimar,

You are going excellent on the scale. Keep up the great work.

Hi yoyogirl88,

You keep on keeping on...

Speak to you soon.

regards
Mary
Smile the word is good to you and if it isn't, quit complaining and smile anyway.
Maryd.

Postby Shalimar » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:03 am

Thank you Mary :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Maryd. » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi Shalimar,

How are you going?

I'm still going strong. I am down almost another kilo since last week. I still have another 8 kilos to go, to be at a normal weight for my height. So I'm off for a walk. Bye.

regards
Mary
Maryd.

Return to Introductions