It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:06 pm

Free Newsletter

Ready for the Challenge!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Ready for the Challenge!

Postby Lally » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:04 pm

I have never been skinny, so weight loss has been a struggle for the last 30 years (my age). I remember my first diet started when I was 11 which only lasted for 1 month as my mom heard all those who said I was too young to be going to a doctor for weight control, they all thought eventually I will loose the weight. ha...sorry to say....that did not happened. at 15 and with a height of 1.62 my weight was 72 kilos, at 24 it was 78 and managed to be between 72 and 78 for many years until I got married, move to Australia for a post-grad as a full time student, where reading, writing and eating has become a way of life. No kids a professional and huge weight about that???
I have avoided weighting myself for the last year and starting a diet every Monday. Started exercising two months ago twice a week but Last week I went to the doctor and my blood pressure for the first time is a bit above average, I have polycystic ovary sindrome and I want to get pregnant and just found out I am 94 kilos. Wake up call!!! I need to do something and I am determined to do so!
So today a Tuesday not a Monday is where the challenge starts, this is the first time a register a weight loss forum but I know that I need the support from all of you to keep motivated with your stories and to be able to share my feeling of what might be one of the greatest challenges and triumphs of my life.

:D Lally

Re: Ready for the Challenge!

Postby Shalimar » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:10 pm

Hi Lally and welcome, best of luck with your goals. You can do this :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.

Re: Ready for the Challenge!

Postby yoyogirl88 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:49 pm

Good luck and welcome, sounds like you have 2 VERY good reasons for wanting to lose it. Keep them in mind the motivation will be worth more than anything.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9

Return to Introductions