It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:25 am

Free Newsletter

Hello from Grace

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from Grace

Postby gracie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:10 am

Hi all, my names grace I am 52 years old and need to lose around 50kg :roll: I found this site a few weeks ago and thought it time to say hi as some of you are truly inspirational. I just hope it's possible for a woman my age to lose this amount of weight. I have been following a calorie controlled eating progam for 2 weeks now. First week I lost 5kg,this week nothing :roll: I am determined to continue :twisted: and look forward to your support :lol:
Cheers Grace
gracie

Re: Hello from Grace

Postby Alexandra » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:39 am

Hi Grace and welcome to the forum! I am new here too and have a similar amount of weight to lose. I am finding the weight difficult to budge. I keep telling myself it's a matter of sticking to a healty eating plan and exercising every day. I am trying not to be a slave to the scales but it's hard! There are certainly many inspirational people here who have lost loads of weight to draw motivation from.

Good luck with your goals! :D

Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby redrose78 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:45 pm

Hi Grace, welcome. Best of luck on your journey. As for too old, no way, I say you are never too old to learn something new. Even if that something new is how to live a healthier life. :) You'll get there, just have to keep your eye on the prize. :wink:
redrose78

Postby kangagirl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:57 pm

Hi Grace,
I am new to this forum too - first time I've joined a forum, so not quite sure what to expect - but wanted to let u know that I have 10kgs to lose but it's a struggle as I've been wanting to do this for about 10years and had become complacent as it doesn't seem like much so good on you for losing 5kgs, I think that's great, and you are still young so KEEP TRYING. How are you going about it?
kangagirl

Postby gracie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:25 am

Thanks for the welcome and encouragment ladies :wink:
It's my body that thinks it's old lol, inside it theres still this young slim 25 year old just bursting to get out and live again, and she is determined to emerge. I have been counting calories, healthy calories and eating more regulary. I have also cut out alchohol. For the last 10 years I have had depression issues due to some extreme stresses and I believe that's why I have let myself get to this obese state, as I just didn't care about myself anymore. I even got to the stage where I was thinking , oh well if I die bad luck. Finally the black fog has lifted and I am better :D
OHHHHHHHH, kanga I just wish 10kg was all I had to lose, but I also know how frustrating it is no matter what. good luck with it, count your calories and it will be gone by summer :D
Once again thankyou ladies good luck with the journey :D
gracie

Postby kangagirl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:30 am

hi gracie,

i understand the depression issues too, i suffered from ocd and anxiety and it's very hard to get motivated sometimes, but you must stick to it bc you know you will so proud of yourself - and feel good about yourself and at the end of the day, that's what it's all about!! GOOD LUCK TRULY...you sound like a strong person who has overcome a lot. :wink:
kangagirl

Postby gracie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:41 am

Redrose :D , I have just looked at your ticker :shock: What an amazing achievement, how are you going about doing such a great job? You go girl fantastic :D :D :D :D
gracie

Postby gracie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:44 am

LOL, I serously need new glasses, I was looking at your bmi Rose, and thought you had lost 37kg :oops: Still and all well done, lol that was a serious OLD moment :oops:
gracie

Postby redrose78 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:14 am

Lol, no probs at all. There are some members here who have lost in excess of 50kgs, I find that amazing. :)
redrose78

Postby Charles_Sydney » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:09 am

Dear Grace,

Congratulations on the decision to change.
You are never too old to embark on this great journey.
There is a beautiful valley over the hill - you just have to get to the top to see it!

Losing 5kgs in your first week is amazing.
Do not be disheartened for not losing any weight in the 2nd week.
You will gather momentum as you go.

Remember you are not going on a diet (because then you would be "going off" at some point).
This is a lifestyle change, eating healthy, and experiencing the feeling of truly living.

All the best,
Charles
Charles_Sydney

Postby tania2573 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:32 pm

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your goals.
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Return to Introductions