It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:03 am

Free Newsletter

Hello

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello

Postby starr22 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:15 pm

Hi everyone,

Well I am new, just looking for some motivation, I'm starting at 82.7 and hoping to loose about 15-20kg. I have been reading through
a few threads on here and everyone seems really nice and supportive, so I thought I'd give it a go as well. I look forward to chatting with
you all :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Re: Hello

Postby kangagirl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi star22, i new to this forum today and am similar in weight and goal as you! (though perhaps not as ambitious, i want to lose 10kgs AT LEAST). what r u doing to start?? look fwd to hearing from you - perhaps we can support ea other whenever we feel we r slipping.
kangagirl

Postby starr22 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:41 pm

Hey Kangagirl, nice to meet you! Yay we can be weightloss buddies-as i'm sure there will be times I fall of the 'healthy eating wagon' and need a stern but
supportive talking to lol.

At this stage I am trying to execise every second day, either bike or treadmill, and of course eat healthy. I try and write everything that I eat down,
It keeps me honest:) I seem to always be fine for the fist two weeks or so......and then BAM the willpower dissappears, so hopefully by coming on here
daily, it will give me the motivation I need.

Have you just started your weught loss journey?

I look forward to chatting with you.
[/url]
starr22

Postby redrose78 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:48 pm

Hi and welcome. :) Best of luck on your weight loss journey.
redrose78

Postby kangagirl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:10 pm

Hi starr22 again!- yes, I wld love to be yr weight-loss buddy!! just the kind of thing I need. I know just what u r talking about - i always start the same, all good intentions and then - like you - bam, 2wks or so later just lose the discipline,...i think part of my problem is that bc it's "only 10kgs" I don't take it seriously enough, but this has been going on for at least 5 years!!

I just recently had my 2nd baby (only 6months ago) and have a 3yr old and now i find none of my clothes fit me and i have gained weight in all sorts of places that make me feel very, very frumpy - shock, horror - I am up to size 16!!

Your plan sounds like a good one, please email me when u feel yr resolve weakening, i good at inspiring people, just wish i could do it for myself, but there is truly nothing worse than feeling frumpy and this time i feel extremely determined bc i hate being depressed about the way i look.

Writing everything that you down certainly helps to make u aware of HOW MUCH you eat, i've tried this, but i know i eat too much, it's just a matter of cutting the bad habits that are difficult for me --- and finding time to exercise with 2 little ones. Do you have any children? If so, how do u manage to find the time?????

Look fwd to hearing from u again!
kangagirl

Postby starr22 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:42 pm

Thanks for the encouragement redrose78!

Kangagirl, I hear you! My struggle has been going on for about 6 years now too, and I too havn't been taking it seriously. But the number on the scales keeps creeping up and up, and the past year or so I have felt like a fat blob-just uncomfortable in my own skin. So the time to act is now, not tomorro :)

Congrats on the new bub! I don't have any kids yet, but I can imagine that it is hard to get back to what u used to be. You will do it tho! I have faith in you! I think the main thing to remember is that even if you have a bad day-don't give up-just start again the next day. I find it hard to find the time to exercise as well cause I work full-time, so my main priority is eating right :D

Thanks for your support hun, and also feel free to email me or pm me anytime for some motivation, or to vent - I understand what your going through! I will probably only be on here at night mostly-as I work during the day.

keep motivated! :D
[/url]
starr22

Postby kangagirl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:17 am

thanks starr22 - i will pm you - i'm new to this whole 'forum' thing so hopefully get it right.
chat soon, good luck with yr eating plan...keep strong :lol:
kangagirl

Postby kangagirl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:25 am

Thanks redrose for yr welcome! how is yr weightloss going??
kangagirl

Postby Charles_Sydney » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:17 am

star22, your weight loss IS going to happen! Stick to it, don't just "give it a go".
Staying active and eating right will get you there - I cannot put it any simpler than that. :D

I was 84.7kgs before - now down to 62kgs, and if someone like me can do it, I am sure you are more than capable!

kangagirl, make your goal 20kgs! Create a calorie deficit in your body everyday.

Good luck!
Charles
Charles_Sydney

Postby kangagirl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:24 pm

ok charles - u sound so positive - how did you get the DISCIPLINE?? i feel inspired... :)
kangagirl

Postby tania2573 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:30 pm

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your goals.
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby Charles_Sydney » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:48 pm

kangagirl wrote:ok charles - u sound so positive - how did you get the DISCIPLINE?? i feel inspired... :)

You know, most people do not live very well, merely average. However, they are not unwell enough to do anything about it.
I guess for me when I started I was at a point where I knew I absolutely must change. "Discipline" was just a flow-on from that decision.
The moment you decide that "this is it - I am going to do whatever it takes" - there is then absolutely no stopping you. :)

What I tell others most of the time is, you know, stop lying to yourself, look in the mirror, take off all your clothes... LOOK at the parts you never want to see. Make it an ABSOLUTE MUST to change!

Good luck kangagirl, you can be your own inspiration! :mrgreen:
Charles_Sydney

Postby kangagirl » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:52 pm

Thank you Charles - I do strip off and look but I guess I switch off when the hunger sets in - I think I just always feel very hungry - how did you stave off the hunger?? Awaiting in anticipation... :shock:
kangagirl

Postby starr22 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:42 pm

[quote="Charles_Sydney"]star22, your weight loss IS going to happen! Stick to it, don't just "give it a go".
Staying active and eating right will get you there - I cannot put it any simpler than that. :D

I was 84.7kgs before - now down to 62kgs, and if someone like me can do it, I am sure you are more than capable!

Hey Charles,

thanx for the support :D You are right, I WILL do this! I know I can, just need to put my mind to it, and no excuses .
Look forward to chatting with u :D
[/url]
starr22

Postby starr22 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:45 pm

tania2573 wrote:Welcome to the forum and good luck with your goals.

Thanx tania, and nice to meet u!
[/url]
starr22

Next

Return to Introductions