It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:19 am

Free Newsletter

Hello

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Hello

Postby Bekky » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:47 pm

Welcome and good luck..
Bekky

Postby Charles_Sydney » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:38 pm

kangagirl wrote:Thank you Charles - I do strip off and look but I guess I switch off when the hunger sets in - I think I just always feel very hungry - how did you stave off the hunger?? Awaiting in anticipation... :shock:

I do understand what you are going through.
It was tough for me initially as well. I would stare at the shortbread fingers in the container in front of me with a growling tummy, telling myself: "Charles, DON'T!"

Then I found out it was much easier to curb cravings by having low-calorie alternatives.
One of the best (for me personally) is low-calorie chewing gum.
Fruits and non-fat yogurt (be careful with yogurt though - some 99% fat-free yogurt has high sugar content, and could easily go over 125 calories per serving!) are good alternatives too.

Since this is a lifestyle change (remember, you are not "going on" a diet, because you do not want to gain back the weight when you "go off" it!), you will slowly adapt and start to think chocolate and maccas are YUCK! :mrgreen:

All the best!
Charles
Charles_Sydney

Postby kangagirl » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:39 pm

Thanks Charles - will do, u r right of course, will gets lots of low-cal snacks, cottage cheese, fruits, etc...will let u know how I go, and really appreciate yr advice :wink: kg
kangagirl

Previous

Return to Introductions