It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:31 pm

Free Newsletter

the new guy

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

the new guy

Postby rasta » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:27 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm a 30yo guy from Adelaide. Current weight is 117.1 kg at last weigh in. Weighed about 75 when I was 23 and damaged my knee. After reconstruction and giving up soccer I have struggled with exercise and certainly used it as an excuse for my laziness when it comes to activity.

The weight went on slowly but steadily, passed 100 when i was maybe 27yo, 110 soon after. 3 weeks ago I weighed myself for the first time in a long time to see I was 123kg. I got pretty angry and a little bit scared too i must admit. Since then I've been exercising almost everyday, 3 weights sessions at gym/week on non gym days I ride my bike. Watching what i eat. Basically just cutting out the fat, lowering portions (nothing too drastic) and trying not to snack on the wrong things.

So far approx 6kg gone and hope it continues. Thought I'd join here to track myself and provide a bit of motivation. The knee is holding up fine, i'm enjoying the food. Luckily I have a supportive wife who is helping me make the lifestyle choices I need, and going without certain things to help me get back on track.

Re: the new guy

Postby Alexandra » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:16 am

Hi and Welcome!

Wow, that's great, sounds like you're going great guns! I know what's it's like to get on the scales and get a big fright - that happened to me recently too! Great work on the weight loss so far, you obviously know what you're doing :D

Best wishes for continued success and motivation.

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg

Re: the new guy

Postby ClareG » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:36 pm

Hey :D Welcome to the forum. Good Luck - I look forward to following your progress.

~:~Clare ~:~

Return to Introductions