It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Brand New :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Brand New :)

Postby GoingToBeAHottie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:51 pm

Hi all!
First of all, my name is Andrea. I am 25 years old and living in Melbourne.

A bit about me and my 'weight':
I have been overweight probably since the age of 10 or 11. My weight is something I have always been teased about, even as a 25 yr old I still hear the odd comment (mainly from ignorant teenage boys!) about my size and it just tears me up inside. It has always held me back in life and I have had enough of being the 'shy, fat girl' and want everyone to see the real me!
I have done every diet possible (jenny craig, weight watchers, sure slim etc. etc.!) but nothing has been able to keep the weight off. I did have a lot of success with jenny craig when i was about 18 and lost about 30kg which took me down to about 80kg which for my height is a pretty reasonable weight to be, but of course, I piled all of that weight back on (plus a lot more!) and as of April 2007 I weighed 135.4kg :oops:
I lost about 20 kg by doing weight watchers (for the 3rd time!) but I have been stuck on about 115kg for a year or so now and I have recently noticed some really bad habbits sneaking up on me so i have decided to try and kickstart my weight loss again before i start putting on weight....AGAIN!
I have just booked a trip to Europe for August next year so as it will be summer over there, i MUST be able to wear a bikini on all the beautiful beaches on the Greek Islands:)

I decided to come on here for a bit of extra support and motivation from others and I hope I can provide the same support to you all!

Andrea xo
GoingToBeAHottie

Re: Brand New :)

Postby starr22 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:57 pm

Hi Andrea, welcome :D Good luck with your weight loss goal, going to the Greek Islands is pretty good motivation!
There are really nice people on here, so u should get all the support u need :D I know I do.
Look forward to chatting with u.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby mindy32 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:49 pm

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the forums. Im going to Europe in September, so im trying to loose a bit more weight before then too!! I cant wait to get to the Greek Islands, tho i dont think i will ever be in bikinis, but even just feeling good in a summer dress will be nice!

Good luck with it all, I look forward to following your threats!

<3 Belinda
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby redrose78 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:11 am

Hello and welcome to the forums. This is a great place to help you be motivated to lead a healthier life. There are wonderful, supportive people here. Losing the weight for your holiday is a nice goal. I have noticed here that many people have mini goals. I find that helps, is helps to keep focus of the big picture and helps you feel you have achieved something while putting in all the hard work.
Best of luck on your weight loss journey. :)
redrose78

Postby Alexandra » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:14 am

Hi Andrea, Welcome to the forums - you will find loads of support and motivation here! I can relate to the bikini too. I have always wanted that too - I think it's more about having body confidence - to be able to look at yourself and say, yep, that looks ok, I look "a normal size", I'll put on a bathing suit and head to the beach/pool and just not even think that anyone is looking at you for all the wrong reasons! Good luck with that really great goal. You have come a really long way already and have done some hard yards. From what you say above, you know what do you, just like me, we need to stick at it a bit longer and this is the place to get some added motivation!

Good luck with your weight loss goals. Best wishes,

Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby GoingToBeAHottie » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:02 am

Thank you for the lovely messages!
I look forward to following everyone's weight loss journey's and providing each other with as much support as possible! :D
GoingToBeAHottie

Postby tania2573 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:09 am

Hi and welcome to the forum and good luck with your goals. :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby Freddy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Hey there, welcome to the forums. Good luck on your journey, and I hope we can and will be some good motivation for you.

You should tru taking a look at dr Cohen's diet. My mother in law has been doing it for two weeks, lost 7, nearly 8, kg's. My sister in law has done it for two weeks, also nearly a loss of 6 kg's. As of tomorrow morning I will be starting as well, since my history resembles yours quite a bit, and I NEED TO BE able to wear a decent pair of swimming shorts this Feb when I'm going on holiday for a week.
Freddy

Postby Jane85 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:04 pm

Welcome to the forums mate :) Best of luck with your weightloss journey, look forward to seeing the results :)

Luv Jane
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEuhBwI/]
[/url]
Jane85

Return to Introductions