It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:23 am

Free Newsletter

Hi!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi!

Postby summer08 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:33 pm

Hi everyone! What a great forum. I am a student and mum and am half way into my weight loss. Having put on weight when pregnant (naturally) I actually lost it all immedietly after the birth. However the birth was quite traumatic on my body and in the months proceeding I struggled to keep my weight up. I breastfed for two and a half years (yes thats right) and slowly gained weight due to eating a lot to keep up with baby's needs and my own and slowly as my daughter had less breast feeds I was still eating the same amount of food. Despite being a very active mum, my daily jog stopped years ago when I found out I was pregnant. So early this year I started eating smaller portions (a very long journey) and a few months ago took up running everyday again and as a result have lost 5kg. I am short (5 foot 3) and before my daughter was always 48-49kg. Being short 1 kg of excess weigh is a lot on me. I also have emotional issues with food which I am dealing with, I comfort eat when depressed (I actually have depression I don't mean a little sad) and I don't eat when I am stressed, neither of these are good at all but I am making real progress. So I am here to support and to be supported by people in a similar situation. Good luck to everyone.
start weight 58kg
goal 48kg
current 53.1kg
summer08

Return to Introductions