It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:54 am

Free Newsletter

hello everyone!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

hello everyone!

Postby emmabee123 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:33 pm

hi! im emily and im 22. Im a mummy of a 4 y.o boy and have a wornderful partner of 5 years. I had a little struggle with my weight after my son was born but had got down to a healthy size by the time he was 9 months old. My big problem started when i decided to give up smoking about 18 months ago..in a short matter of time i went from a size 10-12 to a 16! and the annoying thing is i didnt even relise until none of my clothes would fit :roll: ive lost a tiny bit of the weight but at the moment i feel a real lack of motivation and am very down about myself..i wont even go out with friends anymore :( thats why i thought id join this forum and watch others with there weight loss and find some motivation. another thing is im not sure about which approach i should take..theres so many so-called miracle diets out there its confusing! i was thinking about the slimmm program which is a meal replacement..anyone tried that? or is it better to just cut out fat and eat proper meals? my main problem is picking on crap through out the day..anyone got any tips to stop that behavior? i think its my main problem..well sorry to rave on but i just wanna succeed..i wanna lose 10kg
emmabee123

Re: hello everyone!

Postby kangagirl » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:25 pm

hi emmabee,

welcome!
i joined this forum just a week ago - hard to believe - bc it feels like i've been here for ages bc of meeting so many supportive ppl in similar situations...there are just so many of us out there! anyways, i understand where u r coming from. i am a bit older than u but have 2kids and found that i put on weight esp after both pregnancies and now am a size 16 - a real SHOCK :shock: for someone who for most of their lives was a size12...like u, it crept up and up and now when size 16 is tight i thought OMG, i NEED TO DO SOMETHING!!

SO anyways, good luck, u will find a lot of motivation and support here i am sure. best way is eat less, eat healthy, exercise more, thats the way i'm doing anyway.

GOOD LUCK,
kg :wink:
kangagirl

Re: hello everyone!

Postby kangagirl » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:40 pm

emmabee123 wrote: my main problem is picking on crap through out the day..anyone got any tips to stop that behavior? i think its my main problem..well sorry to rave on but i just wanna succeed..i wanna lose 10kg

i used to do same except kept munching on nuts, cheese, etc, fatty foods, icecream...one way is to just have HEALTHIER, LOW-FAT FOOD OPTIONS in the pantry, if u dont buy the other stuff u wont eat it! boring i know but its the only way. in my fridge i have now only got low-fat yoghurt, le rice, fruit, etc. i dont even buy icecream anymore bc i know i will eat it if i do.

good luck once again :wink:
kangagirl

Return to Introductions