It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:53 am

Free Newsletter

Hi from way down south

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi from way down south

Postby shastabell » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:04 am

Hi, my name is sharon, i just came across this forum, how cool to be able to talk to other people like this.
My weight has steadliy grown over the last few years, partly due to a thyroid problem and partly due to stress. I finally hit that OMG i have to do something and now is the time. I started just three weeks ago at 106.5 and have managed to get down to 101. My goal is to get back to 85 when i felt my most comfortable. Ive always been a big girl and tall too. I once got down to 83kgs but felt really too skinny and uncomfortable. I want to loose 10 kg by the end of this year and then think about the other 10 afterwards. small steps, i need to not get too overwhelmed by how much i want to loose.
At home i have a great partner who loves to cook and an 11yr old son. I've found it really hard to change what we all eat to suit me, so i decided the only two meals i have control over is breakfast and lunch. I make myself a protien shake for breakie with fruit and then for lunch either have a salad sandwhich or salad with another protien shake. No snacks inbetween and for dinner i have our normal meal although i keep the size in check and ask for low fat options from hubby to be.
Anyway just wanted to say hi and i look forward to meeting you all

Shaz :D
shastabell

Re: Hi from way down south

Postby Alexandra » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:34 am

Hi Sharon,

Welcome to the forum - sounds like you are going great already! I too have a thyroid problem and understand how hard it is to lose weight when your metabolism doesn't work the way it should. Good luck with your weight loss goals! :D

Best wishes, Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby Freddy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:39 am

Good to see you taking action. Welcome to the forums :)
Freddy

Postby shastabell » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:38 am

Thank you alexandra, for the warm welcome
shastabell

Return to Introductions