It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:25 am

Free Newsletter

Coke, C-sections and Kiddies ...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Coke, C-sections and Kiddies ...

Postby midgee_byte » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:52 pm

Arrrrgggghhhh!! For years I've been in love with Coca Cola (... how many of you thought I was referring to the drug? Sorry, never dont that in my life!) and whilst I was younger, active and playing sports, that was fine and my body could cope with bad eating habits. Now I'm 23 yrs old and weigh 86 kgs (as of this morning)! I've given birth by C-section twice, once in June 2007, the other in June 2008 and have a little girl and little boy to show for it!
My goal is get back to 75kgs and I'm hoping to do it by cutting back on my Coke intake (even though I love it, I'm only allowing myself one can per day!), eating sensibly, and walking or bike riding or something like Winsor Pilates or Leg Magic exercises along with the dvd's supplied. Its been working okay for the last few weeks - I've gone down 2kgs. So I'm hoping this small difference with help me with motivation to keep at it ... Would love to hear from people who've had similar experiences.
midgee_byte

Re: Coke, C-sections and Kiddies ...

Postby Freddy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:27 am

Welcome to the forums, good to see you've already gone down 2kg's. Do you have a special diet plan yet?
Freddy

Postby midgee_byte » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi - No, I dont really have a diet plan as such ... just being careful with what I eat. Making sure its hopefully balanced - but I find it hard knowing what I'm really intaking. Like protein, carbs, all that. I've been toying with the idea of Weight Watchers for a while now but its the money side of things that make me reconsider ...
At home I try to do Pilates or Leg Magic whilst the kids are sleeping but what I really enjoy is getting out of the house for an hour or so either pushing the pram or on my bike. I find it hard to take the kids out until its 6pm, which is usually when I'm trying to get dinner for my and hubby - because its so hot where we are. I'd love to join a gym but dont see the point, again in dishing out the dosh, particularly when I've got perfectly good pram and bikes ... and then there's the child care issue!
Got any suggestions????
midgee_byte

Postby Alexandra » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:48 am

Hi and welcome to the forum! Good luck with your weight loss goals and kicking your coke habit lol. I totally understand that one - coke is my downfall too (however it was usually washing down handfuls of potato chips :oops: ). Best wishes, Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby Freddy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:02 am

I'd like to point out that dr Cohen's diet might be a good diet to follow. Everybody seems to be into weightwatchers, drinking shakes and taking pills you might not want to take after all.
Dr Cohen found out some foods stimulate certain hormones. So he thought of this, by eating certain combinations you would feel happier and more fulfilled, so you will eat less. For the past week, I have found out that it really works. Of course I've not been able to be as strong as I hoped I would be, and sinned a few times against the doc's commandments.
After this morning, I have lost 3.1kg's in my first week, which is a great starter. The reason this diet will NOT stop working after a while is that you will eat just enough for a few days, and then slightly more than needed the other. Your body doesn't get used to a certain rythm, so your metabolism keeps on working just awesome :D
Freddy

Return to Introductions