It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:59 pm

Free Newsletter

HELP!!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

HELP!!!

Postby jennifergang198 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:13 am

Hi, my name is Jenni and I am 18 yrs. old I have always been a little bit over weight but not to the point that it bothered me... I am 5' 3 and 160lbs. The lowest I have been in the past 5 yrs. is 140 which for my height and body style that would be normal. I recently enlisted in the Army and the main priority is getting in shape. They want me to be at less than 32% body fat and I am currently 36%, I need to weight 145lbs. and loose 3 inches everywhere... I have cut out the fast food and soda but since i've changed my eating habits I have lost 4lbs. but it seems like I am always hungry... I need some good tips for a younger person to loose weight fast but in a healthy manner... I can get over the feeling of starvation as long as I drop the pounds. I have 2 weeks to loose 14lbs. I hear than colon cleansers help alot but I want a diet I can stick to long term and I need a good excerise plan also. SOMEONE HELP! PLEASE!
jennifergang198

Re: HELP!!!

Postby shastabell » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:43 am

Hi Jenni, i just started to loose weight again. ive been up and down all my life i lost 26kgs when i was 19, not sure what that is pounds though. Feeling hungry has been the hardest thing to keep in check for me. The key has been making sure i drink enough water. Sometimes when the body is feeling hungry it can actually be really thirsty. last week i was so hungry i was feeling faint and sooo lathargic. Water, drinking a few good bottles each day fixed the problem.
Hope that helps.

sharon
shastabell

Re: HELP!!!

Postby Freddy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:44 pm

You are enlisted for the army and trying to get in shape. My bets are on the gym. Might sound silly, but I really think you should get in shape there and find yourself losing body fat. I'm not saying you'll lose weight, as you will be gaining muscle, but you will lose fat. I'd put my money on rowers, treadmills and crosstrainers, with a little weight lifting thrown in as well.
Though remember, as you will be gaining weight from muscles, and are not losing weight from fat, your body fat percentage will drop as well!!

Besides the gym you might cut a bit on the potato's and other potato related products.
Freddy

Return to Introductions