It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:57 pm

Free Newsletter

The Diabetic Tape Measure Wouldn't Fit My Waist!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

The Diabetic Tape Measure Wouldn't Fit My Waist!

Postby ILoveCarbs » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:21 am

A few weeks back I measured my waist, or I should say, attempted to measure my waist, with a free tape measure I picked up from a pharmacy. I was shocked to discover that my waist measurement was too great for the tape measue! Yes, it wouldn't even come close. If any of you have seen the tape measure, provided for free by Diabetes Australia, you might know that it measures 120 cm, or 47 1/4 inches in imperial measurements. My waist size told me that it was time to get my act together and start taking better care of my body.

I am here to be inspired by your progress and stories and will hopefully inspire others along the way with my journey. In 2005 I lost a considerable amount of body fat when I put my mind to it and I know I can do it again. I have been looking through some of the posts here and I believe this is a great place to start.

I look forward to reading more posts when time permits and getting to know you.

Best Wishes,
The Carb Lover

PS I ate carbs everyday when I lost weight before and will continue to do so this time around.
ILoveCarbs

Re: The Diabetic Tape Measure Wouldn't Fit My Waist!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:37 am

Welcome to the forum, ILoveCarbs. I think we've all had an 'Oh My God' moment that triggered us into wanting to lose weight. For me it was photos from my sister's wedding. For my partner it was buying work pants in a size up from the one he normally wears to accommodate his growing waistline and finding that they were STILL too tight.

Good luck with your weight loss. I'm sure you can get there!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ILoveCarbs » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:40 am

Thank you EvilWombatWoman (you don't look evil at all). This looks like a great community and I am already enjoying myself looking around and reading inspirational stories. You look like you are doing a great job. Well done!
ILoveCarbs

Postby PumpkinKitty » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:38 pm

Welcome IloveCarbs - I'd hate to know what if the tape measure would fit around my waist or not.

My :shock: moment came about a week ago when I was with my mum and she said that she fully expected to outlive me :cry: She was serious too.
PumpkinKitty

Postby Alexandra » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:45 am

Hi - you've come to the right place for motivation and inspiration as there are many stories and loads of support on the forum here, welcome! My moments are many and often involve me trying to squeeze my pear shaped too large rear end and hips onto a public seat (usually a bus or train seat) when there is a "normal" sized grumpy muttering person sitting beside me :oops: Good luck with your weight loss goals! Best wishes, Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Return to Introductions