It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Newbie to this plan!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie to this plan!

Postby bigbadsal » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:53 pm

Hey There,

Well I have tried many weight loss programs and I have failed many weight loss programs.
I start well and then after about a month I give it all up.

I have been on this program for nearly 3 weeks now and I don't feel like I have lost heeps of weight in fact I am not sure I have lost anything maybe a Kilo or two. I don't have scales LOL.

I have read stories on here where people have lost 12kg in 4 weeks well clearly that is not going to happen to me, I think I would have noticed by now.

But I want a new way of life not a diet and it is very hard to get that diet mentallity out of you head especially when you have dealt with wieght problems most of your life.

I would like to think I can make this one work and stick around.

Thanks for having me Sal :P

Re: Newbie to this plan!

Postby Czarina » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:13 pm

Welcome Sal.

Which program are you on? By the way 12kg in a month is not something you should be aiming for anyway, very unhealthy!

Postby mumnbub » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:15 pm

Hi, I have only been here for a couple of days and it has been great to hear from people. I was wondering what plan your on? I am following betalife ( which has been great but always looking at other options.
Do you have a tape measure? thats the best way to track your progress as scales dont take into consideration things like water content, muscle tone, that time of the month! ect.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

Postby Freddy » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:56 pm

You don't want scales. If you step on them once, while on a diet, you will step on them each day. Morning and evening. You don't want that.

I think you need quite some discipline to keep going for a week without touching the scales. My wife hid them from me, so I'm not able to weigh during the week, except for Mondays, when she puts it back in place. The scales had become too important for me, as it isn't actually about weight. It's more about measurements. If you want to know about the lost 'weight', measure yourself once a week, see if you improve. I've found that more interesting than weighing, and besides that it doesn't preoccupy me as much as the scales.

Return to Introductions