It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi All- I need your help.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi All- I need your help.

Postby summerheart » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi Everyone,
I think I have come to the right place. My weight has recently become a serious problem. It is affecting all parts of my life. I dont feel comfortable going out, I feel embarrassed everytime food or weight is talked about. This is no way to go through life. I really miss the old me.

So I have come to all of you for your help. And I hope that I can also help some of you :) This is my problem; I have absolutley no will power. If there is junk food in the cupboard I eat it straight away. I have this habit of telling myself I'll stop eating crap tommorow. Recently I have put on so much weight, and I am feeling so depressed. Which in turn obstructs me from wanting to get outside and do exercise. None of my clothes fit. I havent worn my jeans in forever. I really miss them.

If you have any advice or tips at all, I would love to hear it. How do you stop eating so much and constantly?

I look forward to speaking to all of you and I hope you can help me in my journey.

Summer
summerheart

Re: Hi All- I need your help.

Postby Ally147 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi Summer,

Welcome to the forum firstly. I hope that the people on here will help you on ur journey.
Secondly, don't be depressed about your weight, you've done the right thing by coming here for motivation and help. I find this site really helps me, because if i feel like chips or lollies or things like that, i think of my postings on here and the community of people who are on the weightloss journey, and i think that by having those chips or lollies i am cheating and wasting my time on here so i put them back. The ticker in my signature helps me as well because i can see the improvement that i have made in the 3 weeks i've been part of this site. Another site that really helps is calorie king. You can find the calories that are in just about any food you can think of. It calculates how many calories you should have in a day for your height and weight and activity level. Then i started a food diary, writing down breakfast, lunch and dinner plus snacks and putting the calories next to the food. Add it up at the end of the day and see how u went and then use that as a gauge for how much to decrease or increase the next day. As for the exercise, just go for walks if you feel up to it, or i can suggest workout DVD's that you can do in the privacy of ur own home. They'll have the cm's and weight coming off in no time.

Very best of luck and keep us posted :)
Ally
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIbKc5e/]
[/url]
Ally147

Postby Gordz » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:19 pm

G'day Summer!

I had the 'i'll stop the junk tomorrow' theory as well.... about 15kgs ago.

My advice? Throw it out. If its not there you cant eat it... If you are lacking the willpower at the moment, get rid of the temptation.

Like Ally said (she's a good one to listen to!) go to http://www.carlorieking.com.au and have a poke around. If the sh!t content of your favorite junk foods isn't enough to make you feel ill, then ... well i don't know.

I know what you mean about missing clothes... I haven't worn a singlet in at least a year.
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby shedthemkgs » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:53 pm

Hey mate! It's ridiculously hard but you will find the motivation...if not through this site, then something else will trigger it. You just need to make sure that you're ready. I only found the site this morning and am already feeling 'the love'! I hope you will feel it too.

Ant
shedthemkgs

Postby Tarz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:45 pm

Welcome to the forum.

My best tips would be

If you don't trust yourself with junk food in the cupboard, don't buy any. refuse to buy any. If anybody in the house wants to have junk food, they have to hide it, you can't know about it. If its not there or you don't know about it, you can't eat it. If this can't be done buy an alternative. If icecream is the issue by super dooper ice blocks or mini tubs so its portion controlled.
Drink lots of water, have a bottle of water on you at all times
Take every thing one step at a time. You go to hard to quicklly you'll burn out or give up.
And lastly, keep yourself surrounded by supportive people, it'll make a huge difference.
Good luck and i'll see you around the forum.
Tarz

Postby summerheart » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:32 pm

Hey all,

Thanks guys. This is all really great advice. It is so nice to have people behind me :)\

Summer
summerheart

Postby mumnbub » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:05 am

Have you sat down and really thought about why you keep eating? there is always a reason, you just need to find what it is cause if you dont then even if you do manage to lose weight you will fall back into old habbits when that trigger hits.
A great motivator for me was taking photes of myself and really looking at them, then I found a picture of a healthy sized woman how kinda looked like me and looked at that- I knew I wanted to be that healthy woman so I started losing weight.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions along the way.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Return to Introductions