It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:49 am

Free Newsletter

MonsoonPrincess

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

MonsoonPrincess

Postby MonsoonPrincess » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:01 pm

Hi All,

I'm no stranger to forums - just this one!

I'm a 24yo female from Geelong, Victoria, happily married for 3 months now (but have been together for 8 years).

About 7 & 1/2 years ago, I tore almost all of the medial ligament in my right knee from too much wear and tear, and as a result had to stop playing all sport until healed.
Of course, I couldn't resist and went back too early, thus resulting in more serious damage...
I also have permanent swelling on my left knee (former netballer) and can no longer tolerate high impact activities.

In the last 12 months, I have lost the good part of 10kg, and am currently fluctuating between 85 and 87kg.

I am finding it hard atm to keep myself motivated (despite being very goal orientated) in getting my weight back down to pre-injury days of 65kgs.
I'm 156cm, so BMI calculation is obese, however, am reasonably fit and healthy for my size and shape.

Any motivation, advice, criticism and confidence you can throw my way is appreciated!

Looking forward to discussing and achieving goals with you all!!

x
MonsoonPrincess

Re: MonsoonPrincess

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:27 pm

Hi MP! Welcome to the forum. I hope we can provide a bit of support for you in your weight loss journey. As for motivation, I hope we can inspire some as well but I find that it's an individual thing that waxes and wanes depending on the moment. I had to hit rock bottom before I became determined to lose weight. And even then I've occasionally fell of the wagon, or have been less committed than necessary. My only advice would be creative visualisation. Make a point of closing your eyes daily and seeing yourself at goal weight. Feel how good it is to be thin. See yourself doing all the stuff you plan on doing when you get to that weight. Then live life like a thin person each day until you get there!

I think it's great that you've already lost nearly 10 kg. Well done! Obviously you know what you need to do to lose the weight. I'm sure you'll stick to it and get to goal quickly.

Good luck!

Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Ophir » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:21 am

Hello :) Good luck with everything. Thought i recognised the name - your on my facebook from WC.
Ophir

Postby MonsoonPrincess » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:16 am

Ophir wrote:Hello :) Good luck with everything. Thought i recognised the name - your on my facebook from WC.

:lol: I am? My bad...I don't recognise your name...you're not using same screen name?
MonsoonPrincess

Postby Ophir » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:08 am

No a different one. Initals are AM.
Ophir

Postby Tarz » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:16 am

I didn't realise there was another WC person on here.
Welcome MP
Tarz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:21 am

I feel like I've stumbled onto the set of a Bond film! Secret identities everywhere! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Ophir » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:51 am

Tarz are you one too? I only visit occasionally now. We had our first anniversary yesterday.
Ophir

Postby Tarz » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:15 pm

Congrats, i've only been on there since June and will be going there for anothe 16 months cos thats how long i still have to wait. Congrats on your anniversary yesterday.
Tarz

Return to Introductions