It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:31 pm

Free Newsletter

Hey Hey

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Hey Hey

Postby shedthemkgs » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:43 pm

Green Valley, you?
shedthemkgs

Postby Gordz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:24 pm

deer park, melbourne... wheres green valley?
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby shedthemkgs » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:30 pm

Tis in Sydney, sorry should've been specific, here I am assuming that everyone lives in Sydney! Typical Sydney boy lol!
shedthemkgs

Postby Tarz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:38 pm

shedthemkgs wrote:Tis in Sydney, sorry should've been specific, here I am assuming that everyone lives in Sydney! Typical Sydney boy lol!

Hey i do the same thing by assumng everyones in Sydney if they don't have a location next to their name.
Just thought i'd stop and say welcome to the forum.
I think 90's might be a bit low for a 6ft guy, and if your planning to do that much gym work most days you will gain a fair bit of muscle so maybe don't go for a specific weight but go with how you feel, if you look in the mirror and are happy with what you see then your where you want to be.
I read on someones thread that you went to Homebake, hope it was great, i missed out this year unfortunately.
Good luck and i'll see you aroud the forum.
Tarz

Postby shedthemkgs » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Hey mate! Thanks for saying hey! Oh hells yeah Homebake was sick! Haha, was my first festival! Way cool.
Yeah I was kind of just throwing numbers around, I guess I wont know until I get there.
Where abouts in Syd are you from mate?
I've been rethinking the whole 3 hour strategy...maybe it's too much too soon. I mean, I don't want to be an Arnie or anything, just pleasant to look at, not much of an ask:)
So I'll be hitting up high intensity interval training tonight and see how I go.
shedthemkgs

Postby shedthemkgs » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:58 pm

I'm a little bit worried about having dinner...let me explain. I wont be at the gym till about 7, and by the time I get home, thinking 9.30 or so, I'm not going to be hungry. I don't want to eat before I go to the gym because I get home around 6.30 and don't have any time. But I don't want to be skipping meals...suggestions? Argh...bloody hell lol!
shedthemkgs

Postby Gordz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:30 pm

Theres always the meal replacement shakes, (i'm on them for most meals lately). You should 'eat' 2 hours before working out though, so maybe drop a shake before you leave work? Deffinately don't want to be eating at 9
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby shedthemkgs » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:15 am

Morning!
Forgot to get those photos up, but will tonight.
I went up to the gym last night and spoke to one of the trainers, he said that I should only be doing the HIIT for about 30 minutes in total, otherwise i'll wear my self out too much. I've been reading stuff that says that I should be breaking it up and doing HIIT one night and then low intensity cardio like jogging on the off night. So am thinking that m/w/f will be HIIT and t/t/s/s will be jogging.
Was a bit sneaky and jumped on the scales this morning, just out of curiousity and was 111.7kg, so it definately works...will keep monitoring it for a few weeks to see the benefits or HighIIT vs. LowIIT

How was your run?
shedthemkgs

Postby Tarz » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:13 am

shedthemkgs wrote:Hey mate! Thanks for saying hey! Oh hells yeah Homebake was sick! Haha, was my first festival! Way cool.
Yeah I was kind of just throwing numbers around, I guess I wont know until I get there.
Where abouts in Syd are you from mate?
I've been rethinking the whole 3 hour strategy...maybe it's too much too soon. I mean, I don't want to be an Arnie or anything, just pleasant to look at, not much of an ask:)
So I'll be hitting up high intensity interval training tonight and see how I go.

Glad your first time at homebake was good, You goin to BDO?
I'm in the Ryde area of Syd, nice and close to everything.
When you go to the gym don't aim for a certain amount of time, go until you feel your done.

shedthemkgs wrote:I'm a little bit worried about having dinner...let me explain. I wont be at the gym till about 7, and by the time I get home, thinking 9.30 or so, I'm not going to be hungry. I don't want to eat before I go to the gym because I get home around 6.30 and don't have any time. But I don't want to be skipping meals...suggestions? Argh...bloody hell lol!

The shake idea is good, even just a protein shake it, that will keep you full and help repair your muscles after a workout. Another option is if your able to make up a few meals and stick them in the freezer, that way if you do come home pretty late you can still have something small and healthy to eat. The best time to eat is within half an hour of finishing a work out. You'll burn the cals quicker.
Tarz

Postby shedthemkgs » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:28 am

Nah not going to BDO, am heading to Good Vibes and V Fest though...can't wait!!
Oh cool, I have family in Ryde.
Yeah, it's a bit hard when you're there though, I get confused with what exercises I should be doing...and the staff aren't overly helpful, I mean they're nice but seem like they couldn't care less.
I'm not sure if I'm keen on the protein shake idea? Or shakes in general...I've kinda been there done that and it endly badly. I was depressed, I was a different person when I was on the meal replacement shakes, very weird censored! lol I must sound like a loon but yeah... As I said, I don't want to be skipping meals but I am not hungry at all when I get home from the gym & am not hungry in the afternoon until it's dinner time, so eating then would be pointless too. Argh:P
shedthemkgs

Previous

Return to Introductions