It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Free Newsletter

hey everyone....

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

hey everyone....

Postby Nunu » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:13 pm

Hey everyone,

I have been bouncing around this forum for a while and i thought i would finally work up enough guts to make a post...
I have found alot of the blogs a motivation for myself... i hope it stays that way...

I thought i would just introduce myself, maybe i can become part of the mini community you guys have going, lol. I just gave birth to my first baby three months ago... After a horrible pregnancy, and an extremely bad marriage i became a single mum at the age of 20... kinda young i know, but i wouldnt change a thing if it meant i didnt have my little girl.
During my pregnancy i gained a huge 40 kilos... i have always struggled keeping my weight down and have done ok at it so far, although constantly going up and down...

Now that i have gained all this weight, and after everything i have gone through... i feel my weight is really affecting me, its to the point i feel people are sickened by my appearance, dont get me wrong, im not that shallow, nor do i loathe the bigger community (please excuse me), i guess its just myself, and how i look at the moment.

Well finally i have done it. i have introduced myself. I was going to wait till tomorrows weigh in, to see if the number didnt break my resolve yet again.. but i thought what the heck.. just do it...

i hope to see you all around the forum...
30 kilos and counting

lost for this week, 1.4 kilos... getting there.
Nunu

Re: hey everyone....

Postby mumnbub » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:08 am

Its great to hear from you. Pregnancy seems to be one of the biggest reasons for weight gain and personally I think its a good excuse as it was not for nothing lol- you were growing a small human being so its not something you should hate yourself for. One thing you should do is learn to like yourself, not saying accept your size, but if you dont like what you see then your less inclined to want to do the right thing by your body.
Now speaking from personal experience- I am a single mum and have been single since I was 3 months pregnant, my son is now 17 months old. Being a mum can be hard at times and finding time for yourself can be difficult, finding time for exercise can be even harder at times. So you will need to plan times to exercise that suit your daughters routine. I go for early morning walks and he loves it, gets to see the outside world at a time when its not so hot. Do you live alone? When you dont have any one else to worry about it is easy to cook healthy meals and if you do well at it now it will make it easier for you when your daughter starts eating solids.
Anyway, let us know how everything goes and what your plan of attack is. Good luck with it all :)
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Nunu » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:45 am

thanks for your reply mumnbub....

i got on the scales this morning, and i have lost three kilos in two weeks, so im happy, i pasted my plateu, finally.. all up i have lost 24 kilos since birth, but thats including her and the lovely fluid retention i had... i still have a long way to go though as im looking to lose more than just the pregnancy weight.

i work out an hour everyday, i have a tredmill and weights and all that. so i work out just after her morning nap, i pop her in her swing and she sits and watches.
The only thing is im breastfeeding, so when i try to cut my calories too much, i find my milk goes down. i guess there is not much you can do about that.

i was alone since before i found out i was pregnant, but i must say, after everything, i dont think being alone is the worse that could happen.... i dont mind my own company, i dont think im that bad a person to be around :wink:
30 kilos and counting

Nunu

Postby Nunu » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:47 am

"i got past my platue"... is what i meant to say.... you will have to excuse me...
30 kilos and counting

Nunu

Postby Gordz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:21 pm

Hi Nunu =)

Welcome to the forums =) Sounds like you are already doing well so keep it up!

By the way, ' i pasted my plateu ' sounds better to me anyway :lol: I had one last week but this week i'm pasting it =)

Hey, that might catch on!
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Ambryi » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:35 pm

Gordz wrote:Hi Nunu =)

' i pasted my plateu ' sounds better to me anyway :lol: !

I agree!! C'mon, lets take it mainsteam! :lol:

To nunu, I 'lurked' for awhile before posting too :wink: Congratulaions on your little family :) I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out with the daddy, but as you said it was a very bad marriage so it was probably for the best :)

Sounds like your on a roll with your weightloss! I can understand the self-consciousness of the weight, particularily for someone your age, but honestly just take it slow and steady and give yourself time and energy to enjoy what you have.

Wish you all the best!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtMIPOZ/]
Ambryi

Postby milkyway » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:11 am

Welcome aboard Nunu :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Czarina » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:45 pm

Welcome aboard Nunu!

I know how you feel, thinking that people will be sickened by your appearance, I felt exactly the same, but believe me, we are much harsher critics of ourselves than anyone else. It's funny, we might not think these things about other people, but assume that everyone else is judging us! Besides, as my boyfriend says - "What anybody else thinks, is none of your business." So true.

Where are you getting the figure for the calories you are to consume? I know that the Calorie King website has an option for breastfeeding when you make up your profile, so it takes all of that into consideration. You've probably taken that into account, but just in case you haven't...

Good Luck! :D
Czarina

Postby Fresh Start » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:07 am

Just wanted to wish you all the best with it.

[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wwIKO2F/]
Fresh Start

Return to Introductions