It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:20 am

Free Newsletter

HI

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

HI

Postby stormy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:29 am

Hi, am new here. I have joined hoping for some inspiration and support on my weight loss journey. I am 5ft 7, 108kgs. I have been battling with my weight since my teenage years. I have PCOS and also fluctuating throid problems. I can be going fine then all of a sudden put on 3-5kgs in one week. I also have high blood pressure, I am sick of being 30 and having to take blood pressure meds. The cause of the high blood pressure isn't unhealhty living, it is medical but my doc says it is possible I may be able to get of the meds if I reached a healthy weight. We'll see, am hoping to reach that healthy weigt range over the next couple of years.
I guess the reason for joining this forum, I want to make 2009 my year, I want to lose some weight, any weight would be good. I want to build my confidence, feel good about myself and achieve something worth being proud of. For my height I think I am supposed to get in the 60's range, but would be more than happy with the 70's!
I am looking forward to getting to know you all. :)
stormy

Re: HI

Postby mumnbub » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:55 am

It can be hard finding the motivation to get started when you have medical issues but keep telling yourself you can do this! Take it one day at a time, plan your meals, start exercising slowly- even if its just 10min walk to start with- and slowly increase the exercise.
Have you set goals along the way? Its best not to think to much about the final number, break it down into smaller weight goals and reward yourself when you get there (not with food).
Also, try not to weigh yourself too often, the best way to record your progress is with a tape measure, that way your not recording an increase in muscle or fluid.

Keep us updated along the way, am sure you will do great.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby stormy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:03 pm

I haven't thought about making smaller goals for myself. It is hard to even set any. I have tried in the past, just to reach certain weights in a certain amount of time. I guess they are goals, but never reached any, don't know if i want to set goals.
stormy

Postby mumnbub » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:59 am

Hi Stormy- I truely believe it is essential to set goals- even if they are small ones. You dont need to give yourself a time frame, this is just a tool to help keep you motivated.
Personally I set 5kg goals, when i got under 90kg i reached my first major goal and treated myself to a new outfit, when i got to 85kg i had a new hair do, am almost at my next goal and will treat myself to another new outfit... some people might chose to have a pedicure, go away for the weekend, have a facial- its all about rewarding YOU for your hard work.
If you just sit there and say 'gosh.... i have Xkg to lose...this will take for ever' you will not be motivated. Sit down with a pen and paper and really think about what you could have as a reward and set realistic goals- dont worry about time frames if you dont want them, it you do then make sure they are achievable, dont say you want to lose 15+kg in 3 months as that will only lead to disapointment if you only lose 5 or 10kg.
The other option, set clothing goals- eg: I want to fit into this particular dress in the next few months, this one for my birthday and this one for when i reach my goal- just fitting into these outfits will be a reward so it wont cost any money.

Let us know how you go- trust me you will feel more motivated to get started
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub