It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:19 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi everyone - iv had a bad start... lol

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi everyone - iv had a bad start... lol

Postby smilenjoy » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:22 am

Good Morning everyone!

Well I have finally begun my weight loss journey - with only 2 days to Christmas......I'm not going to eat as much as I usually would but i'm still going to enjoy myself on that one day....

I have joined a gym that is within walking distance which is really lucky for me. it have equipment, classes and 2 pools, and a spa and steam room!!!

The bad news is yesterday I had my assessment and my first step class. I had no idea what to do and just grabbed a step. Turns out I grabbed the highest step!!! boy did I struggle!! worse bit thou was the really fit girls behind me saying "what is she doing?" and told me to change the step around and I didnt' know what they ment. The instructor heard and asked me a few times what I was doing. Soooo embarrassing... then when they showed me how to lower the step (with everyone watching) I realized that due to working on the high step I was so overworked that I could not breath properly which of coarse made me start crying.... so I walked out...

Please tell me that i'm not the only one who finds classes embarrassing!!! im going to find it hard walking back into the class again.... :oops:
smilenjoy

Re: Hi everyone - iv had a bad start... lol

Postby mumnbub » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:59 am

Classes :oops: :oops: :oops: I am so uncoordinated i trip when i am nervouse, i go way to slow- i wont go to any of them anymore. Last time i was close to tears from embarrassment so your not alone- is not easy when there are the really fit girls who look like pros all around you. Personally i think they need into classes, just to slowly go through the moves, show you which step and weights to chose and give you a good chance of doing well.

The trick is to continue anyway- now you know which step not to chose, and stand at the back of the class if you can, that way you can watch how everyone else does it and if you stuff up no one will see you. You will get better at it- thats the good news :D
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby ali76 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:00 pm

I probably shouldn't say this since you've obviously already joined and paid your money, but your gym sounds dodgy!!

Didn't the class instructor ask if anyone was new or had any injuries / pregnant, etc?? Don't feel bad hun, I think the gym was negligent.

Perhaps try again but get to the class early, introduce yourself to the instructor and ask them to show you the basics. Or maybe try something a little more gentle / slower until you understand the terminology (most are the same if you're doing step, pump, aerobics, etc).

Keep going though...one day you might be one of those fit people (although one of the fit ones who helps out the newbies!).

Good on you for giving it a go...don't stop now!!

xoxox
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby PetraW » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:19 pm

Hey, the experience you had in that gym is just plain ridiculous! Like said before, your gym instructor should have asked about new people, experience etc., and then advised you on what step to take PLUS even if they didn't ask they sure saw that you were struggling and should not just ridiculed you, but helped you, and I mean by that the instructor PLUS the other participants!!! Of course you are upset!

If I can give you one really important tip on weight loss: Drink about 2 liters of water a day. I know, you hear that all the time, but it is true. And try to spread it out during the day. Always drink a fair bit before you eat. You might even get some small apples from your green grocer and eat an apple before lunch and dinner. It helps!

Cheers,
Petra :wink:
Petra's Weight Loss Blog
Beautiful Beach Home Decor
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3J8xVi/]
[/url]
PetraW

Postby smilenjoy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:51 pm

Wow cheers guys!!

I will go back - I did feel great after I had calmed down... lol.

will be at the back of the room next time and not expect myself to pick it up and be able to keep up straight away. hahaha

I sure wish there were at least one beginner class thou!

Cheers again!
smilenjoy

Postby milkyway » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:06 am

I really feel for you. I think we've all had a bad experience as a newbie in a group exercise class, though I've never experienced the reactions of the class or instructor like what you had to endure :twisted:

But good on you for going back. don't let them deter you from your goals.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby smilenjoy » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:43 am

Iv gone back a few times and had other instructors and they are so much better then the mean one! lol. ill give her another go cuz Im really liking this class and there are not many after work to choose from. ill stick to the back of the class for her thou :)
smilenjoy

Postby warriorsgirl » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi smilenjoy

How brave of u to go straight into a class at the gym!!!!
I do pilates at the gym, but its relativly easy - Don't think ill get to a step class for a while yet!!!
warriorsgirl

Postby Gordz » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:01 pm

wiifit is the next best thing =)
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby BigBasil » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:03 pm

Dont worry about what other people think of you at the gym.. They should be worrying about what you think of them. The instructor was at fault there.

BigBasil
PS, have you ever noticed that these skinny hyperactive gym junkies spend so much time at the gym and yet they are all alone as well? So much for only skinny people finding love. My wife loves having a real aussie man beside her. More cushon for the pushin with 100% pure aussie beef!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wndAzVq/]
[/url]

There are those that make things happen, there are those who watch things happen and then there are those who wonder what happened...
BigBasil

Postby electrongirl » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:27 pm

BigBasil wrote:Dont worry about what other people think of you at the gym.. They should be worrying about what you think of them. The instructor was at fault there.

BigBasil
PS, have you ever noticed that these skinny hyperactive gym junkies spend so much time at the gym and yet they are all alone as well? So much for only skinny people finding love. My wife loves having a real aussie man beside her. More cushon for the pushin with 100% pure aussie beef!

:shock:
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Gordz » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:59 pm

BigBasil wrote:Dont worry about what other people think of you at the gym.. They should be worrying about what you think of them. The instructor was at fault there.

BigBasil

we're going to clash.
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby MissReena » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:25 pm

hrmm interesting concept

Your gym instructor sounds like a complete twat! I would have made a complaint to the gym... I have done some classes and all the instructors have been so nice. Keep its up! xox
2009 is my year to Shine

Wk1 - 2kg, Wk2 - 2kg, Wk3 - 2.9kg, Wk4 - 3kg
MissReena

Postby xlannalx » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:30 pm

Gordz wrote:

BigBasil

we're going to clash.

lol
xlannalx

Postby Gordz » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:39 pm

xlannalx wrote:
Gordz wrote:

BigBasil

we're going to clash.

lol

well what can i say? he sounds like an a$$hole. I've read his 4 posts so far and i'm not sure why he's here....
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Next

Return to Introductions