It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:59 pm

Free Newsletter

New Year - Big Changes !!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New Year - Big Changes !!!

Postby think - thin » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi, I came across this forum, while looking for tips on weight loss :) After having a quick look around, I thought I would join to get the support I need.

I am what you would call a compolsive "emotional eater" .... 2009 is going to be my year. I am going to lose at least 15 kilos. and will see how I feel when I reach that point, and will take it from there.

I was refeered to CK by a good friend which has really worked well for her, so hoping it will be great for me too :D

My diet starts 1st Jan and I am pumped to do this...

I went out and brought walking shorts today and tommorrow also buying some excerise equipment.... So getting ready for it..

Not only am I doing this because I look like crap but I feel like it big time. I am so unfit (as i am a smoker, also trying to quit) and its taking over me !!!! YUCK !!!!

Anyway, looking forward to joining in on the forums and getting to know you all..
JESSIKA

Start Weight (2.1.09) 89.6kg
29.3.09 - 84.4kg
18.4.09 - 87.3kg :(
Total Loss : 5.2kg
think - thin

Re: New Year - Big Changes !!!

Postby Gordz » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:14 pm

good luck jess. Bit of an influx of new members over the xmas break, So i think we might setup a Q1 '09 challenge =).

There is all the support you'll need here, just ask!

cya round.

-Gordz
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby PetraW » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi Jessica,
congrats on your weight loss resolution! You are doing the right thing by getting ready for it.
You sound just like me - I need to lose 15kg (I am 79 kg now, always used to be 62/3 until I had kids, the most weight I have lost was going down to 70 again, and that felt great! That was last year though, and the weight has slowly crept back up.)
I am also an emotional compulsive overeater, have been for over 20 years, and have started seeking help for it the first time a few months back. Whilst I am slowly working through my issues and I really know what to do, the problem always lies in the "doing it" and "sticking to it". I am sure you will agree!
Well, I am starting a new chapter on my weight loss, too, so I would like to keep in contact to see how we both go!

Go, Jessica!!!!!
Petra's Weight Loss Blog
Beautiful Beach Home Decor
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3J8xVi/]
[/url]
PetraW

Postby milkyway » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:12 am

Hi Jessica - you might want to consider joining our Jan detox challenge or the 99 Day Challenge, or both.

Anyway - welcome aboard and best of luck with your weightloss goals.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Ally147 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:22 pm

Hi Jessika,

Welcome to the forum... The other day i set up a 99 day challenge that is open to anyone and everyone. If you would like to join it for weekly weigh ins and a bucket load of support the offer is there. There are a few members already and the challenge formally kicks off tomorrow (1st 09). I chose the 99 days as a good time frame, it sounds less than 100 days which was also pretty cool.... but hopefully we can get in shape by easter and holidays that may be happening around that time.

Good luck with your weight loss!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIbKc5e/]
[/url]
Ally147

Postby Czarina » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:34 pm

Welcome Jessica!

I thought I'd just give you some more confirmation that CK works, I've lost 25kg this year by counting calories and exercising. I never thought I'd be able to lose weight by eating so much, but here I am 25kg later and loving my calorie counting! :D

Good Luck! :mrgreen:
Czarina

Postby Czarina » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:35 pm

* Jessika

Sorry!
Czarina

Postby liz1984 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:36 pm

Hi im liz, from hot brisbane lol. I want to go for a walk now but its still to humid to go out walking. Went swimmnig though today and walking around the city so that counts right. And ive only had a big brekkie, mainly fruit and youghurt...and only a boost drink for lunch.

Ive heard that if you go to teh gym with the goal to lose weight, you will be more hard on yurself and wont lose the weight. But if you focus on getting healthier, then you will lose weight....apparently.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8oQwGD/]
[/url]
liz1984

Return to Introductions