It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:55 am

Free Newsletter

Hi from Down Under - we are trying to lose weight here, too!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi from Down Under - we are trying to lose weight here, too!

Postby PetraW » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:41 pm

Hi everybody,
my name is Petra and I am German. I have been living in Australia since 1997 (first Alice Springs, right in the centre, now Perth, Western Australia). Since I had my 2 children in 2002 and 2003, I have been struggling with my weight. I used to be 62/3 kg, now I am 79 kg. Last year I managed to get down to 70, and it felt soooo good, I would have been happy even to stay that way! (BTW, I am 168cm or 5'6"). I managed only to get down to that weight though because I took some appetite suppressants (which worked very well), but I decided I need to be able to do this without.
I know I am not really that big, but for me this is quite horrible, I don't feel like myself any more at all. I am quite sportive, and feel just really frumpy right now. I NEED to do something, so I started a weight loss blog in hope of having to be a bit more accountable for what I am doing.
I would like to say Hello to everybody and hope that we can help each other along.
First thing I want to change in my lifestyle is try to drink 2 litres of water a day. We hear that all the time, but hey, if you are like me, then you keep forgetting it, and only realize at night that once again you have only had about one bottle of water. But to lose weight we really need to get a bit of a lifestyle change happening, and why not simply start by trying to drink water more regularly? One small step at a time....
Petra's Weight Loss Blog
Beautiful Beach Home Decor

Re: Hi from Down Under - we are trying to lose weight here, too!

Postby Ambryi » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:18 am

Hi and welcome to the forum Petra :)

Agree with you about the small changes - I find that adding a few small changes over time has 'sticking power' :) whereas any dramtic changes are lucky to last the day :P

Kinda confused with your post headline - this is an aussie forum? He he.

Best of luck with your goals :)

Re: Hi from Down Under - we are trying to lose weight here, too!

Postby Fresh Start » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:59 pm

Just wanted to wish you the best with your weight loss journey

[image noborder][/image]
Fresh Start

Return to Introductions