It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:20 am

Free Newsletter

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a newbie!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a newbie!

Postby Clark Kent » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:19 pm

Hey everyone. Another newbie here with his story.

I'm a 25 year old male living in Melbourne, and my weight loss has been a pretty long process so far. I hit the peak of my weight at around the age of 21, tipping the sales at nearly 130kg. The realisation that I'd actually gotten to that point was a pretty big eye-opener. I'd grown up with obese people in my family and seen the terrible consequences this had on their health, but nevertheless was going down the same path.

Obviously I was scared, but obviously not scared enough, because by the time I turned 24 I'd still only managed to get down to 118. Looking back, I'm pretty annoyed at myself for wasting those years. That's when I stepped my efforts up a little bit, and over the next six months managed to lose another ten kilos or so. But then I plateaued. The effort I'd been putting in was enough to maintain the weight loss, but not really to lose any more. At the end of October this year I was still 105.

The end of October was when something changed, and I decided that I couldn't accept the mediocre effort I was putting in anymore. I started to take my weight loss very seriously. I've been counting calories properly, exercising properly, training myself to really adopt a healthier lifestyle. In the last two months I've shed a further 11 kilos, bringing me to 94 as I write this. I've set a goal for myself of 85, but that's pretty arbitrary. I'll see what happens when I get there, since I know that losing the weight in the first place will probably only be half the battle.

Looking forward to interacting with all of you on here. Now if you'll all excuse me, I'm off to tackle my weight. This looks like a job for Superman!
Clark Kent

Re: It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a newbie!

Postby mumnbub » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:34 pm

Why is it that we can see how being obese has effected peoples lives, we know that we are in need of a lifestyle change before we go down the same path, we might even know what we are supposed to be doing but we just dont put the effort in for such a long time- some of us it only takes a short time being at that weight but for others it could be years wasted. The good thing is we have all come here to change our life and i am sure that you will change yours- you have already shown you can do this!

Make sure you keep us updated and in return we will keep you motivated :)
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Czarina » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:57 pm

Welcome Clark! It looks like you are ready for a lifestyle change. I don't think most people realise that you do need to be ready to commit to something like weight loss, because it is a lifestyle change, not a diet. The fact the whole idea of a 'diet' was a load of rubbish and a waste of time, wasn't something I realised until this year. It sounds like you are going about things the right way, counting calories, exercising, etc. Through this forum I discovered http://www.calorieking.com.au, which introduced me to the magnificent world of calorie counting, as well as saving my health and my sanity!

It sounds like you are doing really well, so I'm sure you'll reach your goal!

Good luck and enjoy the forum!
Czarina

Postby milkyway » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:08 am

Welcome to the forum :)

Congrats on your weightloss to date - you're doing great!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Return to Introductions