It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Free Newsletter

NEW HERE *includes success story*

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

NEW HERE *includes success story*

Postby Kristy89 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:36 pm

Hey everyone,
my name is Kristy, I'm almost 20 and from Adelaide, SA.
I have been working hard the past 9 or so months to lose weight that i gained after moving down to Adelaide.
I have always been a bigger girl, despite growing up with a relatively healthy lifestyle.
When I moved to Adelaide to study I started to earn money and was exposed to what I call the Adelaide life - lots of take away and drinking alcohol. It didn't help that my two best friends were bigger girls and although I am responsible for my own actions, I was often influenced by the people around me.
The kilos started to pile on, and before i knew it i had gained 15 kilos. I was a wreck, I was lazy and nothing would fit me in the clothes shops.
One day I decided enough was enough and finally did something about it. I started off by changing my eating habits and I lost about 10 kilos. I then joined a gym (its a miracle!) and lost a further 10 kilos. But not only have I lost 20 kilos, my whole body shape has changed and I am the smallest i've been since before puberty! haha. I am now fitting into size 10 pants (sometimes still 12 depending) and 10s and smalls on the top. I am still bigger on my bottom half (legs, bum, thighs) but i am still working on that area as weight in that area runs in my family.
I used to be the girl who sat out on sports days at school and faked sickies to get out of it. I am now considered very fit by all my trainers at the gym and can run 8km on the treadmill! I still have my ups and downs, and it definitely doesn't get easier. This is why I have joined this forum. I hope to find the support on here that I have lacked while losing weight. My friends weren't very supportive. They have been caught up in their own lives and I suspect a bit of jealously. My first and ONLY compliment from them was that my boobs had shrunk. I feel I need this little bit of extra support at this time because I'm nearing those last few kilos that can be very stubborn. I last weighed myself and was 64 kilos. My goal weight is 60. Being the Christmas season I no doubt would have gained a couple kilo. But on 5th of Jan I intend on getting back on track with everything and reaching my goal. I am so proud and think I should share this with everyone because if you put your mind to it, you can do anything :-)
Hopefully I can meet some great people on here and make some new friends.
Take care all
Kristy x
START:85kg
CURRENT:61.5kg
GOAL:60kg

ULTIMATE GOAL: 58kg
Kristy89

Re: NEW HERE *includes success story*

Postby starr22 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:53 pm

Hey Kristy, welcome to the forum :D You will find heaps of supportive people here, it's really great. Congrats on your weight loss so far, you have come such a long way! 20 kg is a lot to loose, sounds like you've done a fatastic job getting fit and healthy :D I aim to be around the 60kg mark myself (or size 10, whatever comes first :wink: ) You will def be there in no time by the sounds of things, and hopefully I can follow in your footsteps :mrgreen: Keep us posted on how your going. xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby Kristy89 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:57 pm

Thanks loads :-)
How far are you from your goal if you don't mind me asking?
Considering I was a couch potato and had such a bad lifestyle before, I think the fact I lost 20 kilos proves any one can!
I bet you'll be at your goal in no time too.
It is good to have people to talk to with similar goals :-)
x

Kristy89

Postby starr22 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:09 pm

I've still got ages to go :( I am 79kg right now......so yeah, probly at least six months away from where I want to be, and thats if I keep focused :shock: But I have done it before so I know it is possible if I put my mind to it :D I'm planning on a loss of 3kg per month. I know those last few kg's are always the hardest to shift, but it will be sooo worth all of your hard work once u get there :D
[/url]
starr22

Postby Kristy89 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:17 pm

Aww you will be there in the blink of an eye!
Seriously, it goes so fast, especially when you look back on it,
I started out at about 85 kilograms and never pictured myself with a loss of 20 kilos.
And its taken me well over 9 months, but only because i still eat what i want on weekends so i lost it a bit slower than i would have if i ate well on weekends too,
Where abouts do you live?

Kristy89

Postby starr22 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:30 pm

I'm up in Qld, nice and hot, hoping to be in that bikini by next summer! :lol:
[/url]
starr22

Postby Kristy89 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:37 pm

Yeaahh I read that you were from the GOld Coast after I posted the reply :-P
you will definitely be in that bikini by next summer!
I havent quite made it this summer myself so i have the same aim for next summer, yay :-)

Kristy89

Postby milkyway » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:04 am

Congrats on your weightloss achievements to date, Kristy. fabulous effort :D

You'll get loads of support here - there's a few people struggling to lose those last few kgs -but heaps of people are away at the moment so it's pretty quiet in here.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby ali76 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:48 pm

Another Adelaide chick...yah!!

Well done on all you've achieved, you've obviously worked really hard and deserve the success.

What gym are you going to (if you don't mind me asking?).

Happy New Year...oh, and welcome to the forum!

Ali
xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Kristy89 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:28 pm

yay for adelaide hehe.
im going to EFM (executive fitness management) at flinders medical centre.. they have them at hospitals and around the city and stuff, its a fantastic gym too.

Kristy89

Postby zeinab » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:01 am

Hi all, :D I'm Zeinab, mother of 4 adorable kids. I used to be size 10, before kids, 15 yrs ago. Now, I'm size 22!!! :cry: Not a happy bunny. Used to work full time, but since being a full time mum, have been comfort-eating ever since. I try exercising for a week, then stop. Feel ashamed of myself. Feel I've let my kids & OH down. Love all the wrong food as well as healthy options.

Help!! In need of some support & guidance or even a magic wand!! Thanks GUYS!!!
zeinab

Return to Introductions