It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi I'm a Newcomer!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi I'm a Newcomer!

Postby zeinab » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:22 am

Hiya Guys, :D

I'm Zeinab, mother of 4 who used to be size 10, before having little ones. 15 yrs later I'm a size 22. :D . Feel that at 44(45 next month) that life has stopped for me. Even, my shoe size has gone up from 6 to 8. :cry: Feel ashamed & that I've let my kids & OH down. No one wants a fat mum & wife. I'd rather be indoors all day. Used to work for a well known bank. Then got married & stopped working & had 4 beautiful kids, 3bys & a beautiful girl. Have been very overweight since my last. Was size 16 after my 3rd but after 4th, started to eat loadsa cakes,chocs & crsips. Thing is I always cook healthy, NEVER processed rubbish. Always fruit & veg, BUT SNACKING is my problem. :cry: Went jogging for a fortnight a few weeks ago; felt happier, had loads of energy & started to feel confident about myself then for no reason, returned to my old habbits.

HELP ME PLEASE GUYS; I NEED YOUR SUPPORT & ADVICE to get motivated, without giving up!!!!!! THANKS XXXXXX :D
zeinab

Re: Hi I'm a Newcomer!

Postby Fatty » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:23 pm

Hey Zeinab,

We are all here to support you and a new year means a new start so this could be the beggining of something great first of all for you and your family. Try and get the right support team at home to to keep you going even when you cant come on here for that boost of support and always tell yourself your strong and that you csn do this, anybody who has had 4 kids and can survive to tell the tale is STRONG (especially with three boys lol).

And it doesnt mean you have to get back to your size 10 again but the fact that you can start to feel good about yourself and feel strong and fit has gotta count for an achievement. And also tell yourself that the fact that you were brave enough to tell your story to the world means you really want to do this. And you know the hardest part about getting into this is trying to push past that third week into exercising and stuff because your body is detoxing it.

Being on this forum is great because just seeing other ppls achievements is great motivation in itself.

:D Fatty
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZ168tb/]
[/url]
Fatty

Postby kelvinator » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:32 pm

Best of luck on your journey.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woAh7b6/]
[/url]
kelvinator

Postby milkyway » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:47 pm

Welcome aboard and I look forward to reading about your progress.

Stick around and you'll find loads of support here :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby zeinab » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Thanks guys, for your advice & support. Means a lot, really does!

2009, here I come, YAY!!! :D
zeinab

Postby kayla70 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:20 am

Hi
im new to this been on lots of diets but yest bought the new celeb slim starter pack bought a single one first to try and was very nice so as from monday im on the celeb slim diet aahhhhh!!1 :twisted: The starter pack comes with a diary so will keep a record of how i do im going to try and get the gym as well all good intentions anyway it depends on how my first day goes i suppose.i to was slim untill i had kids and weight goes up and down i lose it then go back to my old ways and the weight creeps back on untill im heavier than i have ever been then i get depreesed about my weight and eat a bad circle im in and need to get out of it
kayla70

Postby Fatty » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:39 am

Hi Zeinab,

Your welcome, You should start a progress thread to keep you going and to let us know how your progressing with everything it also gives you that initiative to keep going because you have to keep reporting back to us to let us know how you're going

:) Fatty
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZ168tb/]
[/url]
Fatty

Postby mumnbub » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:09 pm

Snacking- a dieters worst enemy. The best thing is to get rid of all snack foods from the home but i gusswith 4 kids that is not possible, so, get 4 large containers and devide the snacks up between them leaving nothing out for yourself- your less likely to snack if it means taking it directly from one of your kids! Then go out and buy healthy snacks and when you feel peckish, first have a drink of water (thirst shows up as hunger pangs) then if 10min later your still hungry grab one serving of your chosen snack, put in on a plate, find a quiet space without noise like the tv or kids yelling in your ear and enjoy your snack. This way you can satisfy yourself without eating toooo much. Snacking is not necessarily a bad thing, you should be eating morning tea and afternoon tea, so chose those times to have some fruit.
Remember to drink loads of water, this will kill some of those snack attach moments. Make sure you have a good breakfast full of protein which will help keep you feeling fuller for longer, omega-3 also helps with that.
Good luck :)
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub