It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:00 pm

Free Newsletter

New Year New Me !!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New Year New Me !!

Postby jayne72 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:53 am

Hi everyone!!

I've chucked on about 12kg in the last 18 months and have had enough!

So i've joined to make myself accountable for what I eat and how much I exercise. I've considered all the gimicky things out there (Tony Ferguson, Celebrity Slim etc etc) but I really don't think they encourage long term weight loss. Please tell me if I'm wrong!

I'm also new to the forum thing so I may need help!!
Start weight 77kg
Goal weight 65kg
Current weight 75.8kg
jayne72

Re: New Year New Me !!

Postby Ambryi » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Just wrote this lengthy reply and it got eaten by the forums! Arrgh!

:lol: Anyway the gist of it was, similar to you I put on over 10kgs in just a little over a year. I looked back to changes it my habits at that time (easy for me, it went back to when I started full time work :( ) and I worked it from there... Has there been any big changes in your habits/lifestyle over the past 18months? And what is a way to combat them?

Regarding your question on shakes, personally I tried Tony Ferguson and had no success. That said, I know of good friends in real life (and I think a few people on this forum too) who have been on shakes and done well for themselves. I agree that it isn't for long-term goals, but can be great for a 'kick-start' your new lifestyle. And I don't know anybody except me :oops: who went backwards on them :lol:

If you looking for more info, most people on here would highly recommend calorieking.com.au. Sign up (its free) and have a play :)

Wish you all the best!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtMIPOZ/]
Ambryi

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:19 pm

My mother-in-law has lost about 20kg doing Tony Ferguson and has had no problems in keeping it off. Provided you can stick to it and you're willing to change your long term eating and exercise there should be no problem in maintaining weight loss following one of these plans. Similarly I had a friend who lost heaps of weight doing Lite n' Easy and kept the weight off. Before that I assumed all programs like that were set up to fail because the person would be learning no skills in changing their eating habits. But it depends on the individual. If you are determined to lose weight and make permanent changes meal-replacement or meal plans can be the perfect way to kick-start your weight loss and get you down to a weight that makes it easier to exercise, as well as changing your taste-buds so you no longer crave fatty or sugary foods.

That said, different programs work for different people. For every person who finds meal-replacement shakes convenient and a perfect way to lose weight, there are another five who can't stand them and would prefer to eat a 'real' breakfast. Similarly Weight Watchers works for some people but others find calorie counting works better for them. And while low-carb diets can suit some, others find more success following a low GI diet or a low fat diet. If one plan worked for everyone there would only be one plan out there! The only way to find out what works for you is to give it a go. Find something that suits your lifestyle and go for it. If you find it doesn't work or it's hard to follow then change to something else.

Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress.

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Fresh Start » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:55 pm

Hi Jayne,

Welcome. I have just recently joined and am looking lose about 11kg.

Best wishes.

img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wwIKO2F/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Fresh Start

Postby jayne72 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:34 pm

About 18 months ago I underwent 6 surgeries in 12 weeks, one of them being a mastectomy (just one side). I was just really tired for a long time and unable to use that side arm for a while too. I've never been super fit but I did use to walk and do pilates. I definitely know I have to make myself exercise as I'm now no different from anyone else. I probably used it as an excuse for a while. And I also have to change my attitude regarding snacking too, there's lots of "oh just this little bit wont hurt" etc. And it does!! especially when you're not exercising!! I'd like to try the shakes maybe as a kick start so i'll see how I go over the next few weeks.

Ugggh better go for a walk!!

Jayne xox
Start weight 77kg
Goal weight 65kg
Current weight 75.8kg
jayne72

Postby acutebendigogal » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:09 pm

hi there

im with you girl
imstarting the shakes tomorrow as i need a kick start as well
good luck, as we both need it

cheers
I can only achieve what i choose to achieve.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNurUc1/]
[/url]
acutebendigogal

Postby Ambryi » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:25 pm

Let us know how the shakes go for you :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtMIPOZ/]
Ambryi

Return to Introductions