It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:37 am

Free Newsletter

Last Chance Lifestyle Change!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Last Chance Lifestyle Change!

Postby wheelndeal77 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

As per usual, my New Years Resolution is to lose weight. I have had the same resolution for the past 10 years or so, on and off. But this time, needs to be different. I am not calling it a 'diet', I am making a Lifestyle Change!
My goal, is to lose a total of 29.4kg by Christmas '09....and keep it off forever!
I gained a whopping 26kg with both of my children, lost some after the first baby, gained it all back plus some with 2nd child. Since having my 2nd child, I have lost some, gained some, lost some, gained some more...
Just spent 2 weeks at Mum & Dad's for Christmas holidays and gained 4.5kg by drinking and eating way too much! I feel sluggish and fat and my clothes are tighter than ever. The change needs to happen and it needs to happen TODAY. No procrastinating this time. No monday starting, I start today!
I would like to appeal to all people in the same position as me, to also begin their journey to a better 'YOU', right now!! Lets keep in contact and support one another. I know personally, I need all the support I can get. (Lack of support from my husband does not help me one bit. His way of supporting me, is to critisise the way I look and tell me how fat I am).
Come on people, lets motivate one another!

wheelndeal77.
Starting Weight: 96.4kg (when I first joined Weight Loss Forum)
First Goal: 90kg
Ultimate Goal: 67kg
Current Weight: 96.5kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7h8V35/]
[/url]
wheelndeal77

Re: Last Chance Lifestyle Change!

Postby starr22 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi there, and welcome to the forum :D I too have had the same new year resolution for a few years now :shock: but have decided that enough is enough and this year is all about getting myself healthy :D

The support on here is great. My partner is somewhat like yours and thinks that by making rude remarks it will 'motivte me' to do something about my weight :x It's so annoying isn't it!

Good luck with everything, I'll be here for support anytime you need it :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby wheelndeal77 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:27 am

Thanks for the reply starr22. It's always motivating to know, someone is in the same situation as oneself. I noticed on your ticker that you have made some progress already. Way to go!! I look forward to hearing some more updates from you soon.
I am only into Day 2 of my change so far and 700g down from my Christmas binging already. Probably losing some fluid retention etc...but every little bit helps!
My goal today is to get some exercise into my day. One small goal at a time for me, until all of this becomes my daily/weekly routine/habit. I need to develop all new habits.

wheelndeal77.
:D
Starting Weight: 96.4kg (when I first joined Weight Loss Forum)
First Goal: 90kg
Ultimate Goal: 67kg
Current Weight: 96.5kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7h8V35/]
[/url]
wheelndeal77

Postby kangagirl » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:52 pm

Welcome wheelndeal77!

Like you, I have gained a fair bit of weight since having 2 children (ages 3yrs and 8months) so know just how you feel!
I can't blame it all on them though, as over the past 5-10 yrs the weight just slowly crept up on me - I have been slim most of my life and in my 20s and early 30s had no probs despite lots of eating...anyhows, the over-eating finally caught up with me and when I joined this forum I was my heaviest ever (83kgs!) and besides feeling very fat and lethargic, the photos of me with my new gorgeous baby are what finally KICK-STARTED my resolve to lose weight.

So please join us as we can definitely help each other as starr said, and she is a top person!! She was the first person I met on this forum and I love her!! So come and join us in my *** LOSE 10KGS IN 10 WKS CHALLENGE ***! - look under Challenges: see:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16438#p158266

Tell yr partner if he wants to help you, he can mind the kids whilst you go for a swim, walk or run!! (instead of criticising you :wink: )

hugs, kg x
kangagirl

Return to Introductions