It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

Free Newsletter

It's time.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

It's time.

Postby Jayney81 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:14 am

I just ate my last ever junk food meal. Again. For possibly the 99th time in my life. I've been "on a diet" for 15 years, (and I am only 27! :oops: ) There have been times when I have lost 20kg, but I have always put it back on. I looked in the mirror today and realised that I don't really like myself very much at the moment. :cry: I'm feeling really unsettled in many aspects of my life (job, relationships, family) and after writing down the list of things that are making my life difficult, I realised that it all comes down to one thing. My weight. So while there are so many changes going on in other areas of my life, I figure now is as good a time as any to get serious about losing weight, once and for all.

I am starting a program similar to Kate Morgan and am interested to hear how others have gone with meal replacement diets. I have tried every other diet under the sun, so would like to see if I can use this to get me started on this journey.

I live in Outback SA, and there are no weight loss centres or support groups available, so it's you guys that will keep me accountable. I can't get online all that often, but I will keep you updated on my progress.

Good luck to all those who are working towards a healthier self!

Cheers,
Jayney :)
Jayney81

Re: It's time.

Postby MagicGirl79 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:31 pm

Hi Jayney - I have done meal replacements before, but really only as a quick fix. I did one for 4 weeks before my wedding and managed to drop the few last kg that I wanted to fit nicely into my dress, but of course I put it back on after the wedding.

I'm not particularly a fan of them as I don't think they realistically teach you 'healthy eating', but each to their own.

I wish you all the best of luck in your weight loss journey - I am 29 and have also been attempting to lose weight for many years so I understand your struggle. I'm sure that with the right mindset you can achieve your goals!
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Jayney81 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:34 pm

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your reply. I spent a bit of time over the weekend talking to my sister (she's a nurse) about the best options for me, and she said similar to you. Yeah I will lose weight, but will probably put it back on again when I start eating "normally" again.

What other kinds of programmes have you used to help lose weight? I am open to any suggestions that you think may be more successful.

Cheers,
Jayney
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
Jayney81

Postby MagicGirl79 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:08 pm

I did weight watchers initially (back in 2005) and it taught me a lot about healthy eating, portion sizes etc. I really enjoyed it.

I stopped the program when I lost motivation and started to put weight back on. At the moment I'm using the weight watchers principles that I've learned about healthy eating and counting calories using the CalorieKing website. It's free and very easy to use.

If you want anymore info about either of these programmes let me know. CalorieKing website will also put together menu plans for you if you want.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Jayney81 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:29 pm

Thanks Kate. I'm going to have a look at the Calorie King website.

Cheers,

Jayney :D
Jayney81

Postby FalloutGirl » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:27 pm

MagicGirl79 wrote:I did weight watchers initially (back in 2005) and it taught me a lot about healthy eating, portion sizes etc. I really enjoyed it.

I stopped the program when I lost motivation and started to put weight back on. At the moment I'm using the weight watchers principles that I've learned about healthy eating and counting calories using the CalorieKing website. It's free and very easy to use.

If you want anymore info about either of these programmes let me know. CalorieKing website will also put together menu plans for you if you want.

Hi, I'm new too (this is actually my first post :D ) but I just wanted to totally agree with this.

I am on the beginning of my weight loss journey, and this is exactly what I do. I live too far away to go to WW's meetings but I've been to a couple and I use their principles and track my calories through CalorieKing, I've found this really helpful.

I wish you the best in your weight loss journey :)
FalloutGirl

Postby Jayney81 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:34 am

Hey FalloutGirl, :D

I wish you all the best too! I am confident that we will achieve our goals this time! I'm refusing to fail!

Cheers,

Jayney :wink:
Jayney81

Postby warriorsgirl » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:15 pm

Goodluck Jayney!! Looks like you've already made a dint in your journey...
And, looks like everyone knws a thing or to around this place!
warriorsgirl

Return to Introductions