It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby missyann » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:11 am

Hello I am fastly approaching thirty and the best present to myself is to be slim. My ultimate goal is to be able to wear a maxi dress in the summer and look good . I have lost two stone about a year ago and managed to keep it off. I would like to lose another 4 stone. I work shift which is difficult going from nights to days . So if anyone has got any usefull tip they would be appreciated.I am hoping that my confidence will also increase as the weight comes off. I new to these forum so please be patient with me.

Re: Hello

Postby Ambryi » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:54 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum Missyann :)

I agree that confidence in how we look is one of the best presents we could get. If only we could buy it in a store!!! :lol:

A lot of my friends are nurses, and I worked in hospitality for a number of years, so I know the kind of damage shift work can do on your body and routine. Might take a bit more planning than others who work more regular hours, but I'm sure you'll get there :)

Best of luck with losing the weight!

Postby missyann » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:07 am

Hi thanks for your words of encouragement, :D Well today i have done well I have had breakfast,which I never usually have. Ihave eaten sensible and avoided my arch enemy chocolate and biscuits.I have completed an exercise dvd 45 minutes worth yeh. The test will be tommorrow when im back at work :? it can be that busy that i dont get a break so im eating anything when I get home after 10.00 pm. I take a litre bottle of weak squash and sip that through out the shift. I read a usefull tip from magazine it says that when using the stair miss a step out each time, this will help stretch and tone more.
So I work on the third floor, so i will do this as often as I can. Igot to confess that when I do exercise I feel alot better about myself, maybe a different matter tommorrow morning lol

Postby milkyway » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:17 pm

Off to a great start!

All the best with your weightloss goals :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Return to Introductions