It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:06 pm

Free Newsletter

I feel motivated - hope it continues...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I feel motivated - hope it continues...

Postby MagicGirl79 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi Everyone - some of you may remember me from previous visits.

So my story goes like this... In 2005 I was extremely motivated to lose weight and I started at 112.9kg and dropped about 30kg in just over 12 months. That took me to my lowest weight of 81.5kg.

In the years following the weight slowly crept back on, by the end of 2006 I was back up to 90kg but not too overly concerned cause I was still much lower than my starting point and figured that I could reverse it in no time.

Halfway through last year I crept back over the 100kg mark - I always thought that would be a big enough trigger to get me motivated again but alas no... In the 6 months since Aug last year I have put on about 8kg, almost 2kg a month!!!

The decision was made for me in Dec last year when I went to buy some clothes for an overseas trip and found that I had to buy Size 18 pants cause I couldn't squeeze myself into 16's anymore. This was the clincher and really the turning point that made me face up and accept reality that I was fat again!!!

So here I am, back again with renewed motivation! Hubby & I hope to conceive sometime this year so I'm really working on dropping a few kg before that and working on eating healthy so that I can have a healthy pregnancy and not gain too much weight.

I weighed in on Wed at 109.1. I have eaten well for the last 3 days and have planned all meals for the next week. My intial goal is just to lose weight next week, after months of gains, a loss would do wonders for my motivation.

Looking forward to getting to know many of you better :D

Re: I feel motivated - hope it continues...

Postby milkyway » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:16 pm

Welcome back Kate and best of luck for your journey :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Return to Introductions