It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Heyyooo

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Heyyooo

Postby bekah-bekky-bex » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:03 am

Hi my names Bek, I am 15, and live on the gold coast. :D
I really want to lose weight!. I have tried to lose weight before but I've never been disciplined enough and have gone off track. I only decided that i was going to go on a diet/weight loss regime two days ago. But i already feel more motivated than ever before. I have enlisted the help of my family. So there going to try to buy healthy food and not buy so much junk! and have been looking at healthy recipes and other peoples weight loss stories on this site. I am a size 14/16 depending on what shop i shop at. I would love to get down to a size 12. I would just like to look good in clothes. Australia is apparently in the top 30 most fattest countries. But looking around at school and when i go out i only see skinny people. You go to the beach and every girl is wearing bikini's and look great! You walk into supre and the clothes are small enough to fit a doll! Arggh! And people are so judgmental. I wish everyone could be accepted no matter what shape and size they are. I'm not losing weight so people wont judge me. Because people judge you no matter what you look like. But i'm losing weight because i know that if i don't start now. I'll stay big all my life. I need to get a healthy diet and get exercising while i'm young. Because it's easier when your young (apparently). And i know i'm only 15 but when i do have a family i want them to be fit and healthy. Because i don't want them to have to go through the weight loss struggle. I know i can lose the weight if i can keep a healthy diet and exercise. I'm not going to try one of those shake diets or extreme cabbage diets. Because for me i know they wouldn't work! i eat my emotions, i eat when i'm bored, and most of the time i eat junk. tim tams, lollies, chocolate, ice cream, chips, any type of junk you can name. I eat it. But yesterday, as i was sitting at maccas. I was eating apple slices because of my diet, and i was watching my dad eat ice cream, and i was just imagining it sliding down into his stomach and forming fat. It totally turned me off getting an ice cream. So i think if i just imagine every junk food i see as a big pile of fat. That should turn me off it lol. Well i can hope :) lol.

So heres my plan:
Exercise at least once a day
Eat healthy
Have smaller portion sizes
Have apple's yogurts, nuts as snacks
keep looking for motivation
watch how many calories i'm eating (but not religiously)
make sure not to eat too many carbs.
have a treat a week to control my sweet tooth
use the recipes on this site and other healthy eating sites
weigh my self each week and be pleased with any weight loss!

Well i'll keep you guys posted on how im doing!
byebye,
Bek <3
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wySbg4y/]
[/url]
Hoping to get back on track while i'm still this young....
bekah-bekky-bex

Re: Heyyooo

Postby electrongirl » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:20 am

Hi and welcome!

Australia is actually the second fattest country in the world, a close second to the USA and I have lived in both countries and I can see it!

It sounds like you have the right attitude for this and its good to see someone as young as yourself taking steps towards being healthy.

I like how your going to do it without being to obsessive about it aswell, very smart.

You will find heaps of support and advice and just great people here!

If you need anything just ask!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Czarina » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:10 am

Hi Bek!

It sounds like you're going about things the right way, by being sensible and not wanting to get down to size zero (yuk!). If you need some information on healthy eating and nutrition, have a look on http://www.calorieking.com.au, there is plenty of great advice there.

See you around the forum, and good luck! :D
Czarina

Postby MissReena » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:24 am

Great Plan Bek! And Welcome, you sound like you are really positive and have your mind in the right place. I cant wait to hear more of your stories around the place. There are so many knowledgable and wonderful people on here I am sure you will find everything you need. Take care and best of luck with your goals :)
2009 is my year to Shine

Wk1 - 2kg, Wk2 - 2kg, Wk3 - 2.9kg, Wk4 - 3kg
MissReena

Postby Gordz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:35 am

G'day Bek. Well done for getting on it early! Welcome. 15 years old and in year 11? Were you a prodigy?
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby warriorsgirl » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:06 pm

Gd Luck Bek!!! Like everyone else has said on here, soundz like u have the right mind frame to get wat u want out of the diet, and to hav ur family along for the ride is fantastic... U will hav lots of support from them and from us...

P.S. Gordy I think QLD's finish a year early than us southies!
No offence to u bek.
warriorsgirl

Postby starr22 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:25 pm

warriorsgirl wrote:P.S. Gordy I think QLD's finish a year early than us southies!
No offence to u bek.

That is true warriorsgirl, we do finnish 1 year earlier in Qld :D I turned 17 on schoolies week :P ahhh the memories! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby starr22 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:26 pm

By the way Bek, welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing u reach your goal, good luck with everything :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby chubby-no-more » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:31 pm

Hey Bek, welcome, it is so good that you are deciding to take contro of your eating patterns early. Beleive me at 27 I wish that I had have had the emotional sence to do something about my eating before it got way more out of control. Wishing you heaps of luck. May you stay motivated and keep making healthier choices
Good luck chicky
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8IrU57/]
[/url]

A healthy example for my beautiful baby girl!
chubby-no-more

Return to Introductions