It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:49 am

Free Newsletter

Hello all

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello all

Postby phoenix » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:10 pm

Hi :D I am a 33 year old mum of 4 who has decided this is my year to concentrate a bit more on me. Over the years my weight has climbed up and up and since I have now had my last child it's time to get my body organised. I realised the other day that there is not one thing I actually like about myself-physical or personality-and that now maybe I have to work on all aspects of myself so that is my goal-I would like to lose about 30kgs and become fitter and I would really like to work on my inner self and becoming more confident and happy within myself :)
My weight has always been an issue for me even tho as a teen I was not grossly overweight or anything but like alot of people I had poor body image :( Anyway over the years I have tried Gloria Marshall, duromine, weight watchers, atkins and I am sure there are more. This time I am going to have a go at the basics-healthy eating and lots of exercise :D :D I know what I am supposed to do I just have not had will power but I know this is my year. Hopefully by joining here it will also be a bit more motivation(I noticed you weigh in each week :D ). Anyway heres to happy weightloss and hope to chat with you all later :D
CW-98.8KG
GW-68KG

SPOIL ME LIST
93KG-FRENCH NAILS
88KG-FULL BODY MASSAGE
83KG-FACIAL/BEAUTY TREATMENT
78KG-SCENIC HELICOPTER RIDE
73KG-NIGHT AWAY IN PLUSH HOTEL-NO KIDS :)
68KG-HARBOUR BRIDGE CLIMB

[center]Image[/center]
phoenix

Re: Hello all

Postby Shalimar » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:18 pm

Welcome and best of luck with it all :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby chubby-no-more » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:43 pm

Hey Phoenix, welcome to the forum - i am new too and am really feeling confident about trying to lose the weight. I htink that the support of the forum and the accountability will help me remain motivated!I have a little more weight to lose than you at around 36 kilos and then i'll see if I want to lose more or if i'm happy at that weight. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope that you remain focussed. I was sad to read that you dont like yourself much at the mo. and hope that you are able to see that you are worth the time to invest in and that only you can make yourself happy and that your happiness can not be determined by a number on a scale - sorry to preach but I truely beleive that no matter how much weight you lose it will not make you happy - you need to do that. The process of exercise and eating healthier may help you to gain confidence but I hope that you look internally and try to remember back to a time when you liked yourself and try to think beyond what weight you were and examine why you liked you more. Any way once more sorry to preach but it is something I am passionate about, I am loathsome of my body but I feel that I am a really friendly and likeable person and that my weight does not determine who I am as a person, if i let my feelings for my body affect me like that I feel I would not be able to make the changes needed to lose my excess weight.

Once more goodluck and I look forward to seeing all of your progress, i'm sure you will be successful :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8IrU57/]
[/url]

A healthy example for my beautiful baby girl!
chubby-no-more

Postby phoenix » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks girls :) Chubby I used to be so happy and confident but now I am negative and so unsure of myself that it is ridiculous. I know losing weight wont entirely be what makes me happy but I also know that I was alot more confident when I was smaller and therefore alot happierIYKWIM. I am seeing this as a journy of self discovery so to speak and am intending to change my self as a whole in and out :) 30kg is my starting point but when I get down there I will see how I feel-my range can ;be anywhere from 56-72. :Let the journey begin for us both:)
CW-98.8KG
GW-68KG

SPOIL ME LIST
93KG-FRENCH NAILS
88KG-FULL BODY MASSAGE
83KG-FACIAL/BEAUTY TREATMENT
78KG-SCENIC HELICOPTER RIDE
73KG-NIGHT AWAY IN PLUSH HOTEL-NO KIDS :)
68KG-HARBOUR BRIDGE CLIMB

[center]Image[/center]
phoenix

Postby Czarina » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:18 am

Good to see you're finished with the fad diets, I too realised that all of these 'diets' do not work! It all comes down to healthy eating and exercise, with a few treats thrown in of course! Through this forum I discovered the Calorie King Australia website, which has taught me so much about food and nutrition, something I can keep up with for the rest of my life.

Good luck and enjoy the forum! :D
Czarina

Return to Introductions