It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Greetings from New Zealand

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Greetings from New Zealand

Postby MoC » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi there

Since I'm back on the weight loss train, this time for good, I thought this might be a good place to get support and support others.

My story begins with me as a teenager, fairly active playing in the 1st XI at school in both cricket and soccer. After high school I decided to go on an OE and somehow ended up joining the French Foreign Legion where I spent the next five years. One of the benefits of military life is that you're so active it really doesn't matter what you eat, you use it all up. Five fried eggs and 6 rashers of bacon for breakfast most mornings and I actually lost weight.

Once I got out of the Legion I really started to put weight on, partly because I didn't know the effect my diet was having on me and partly because I was depressed and used food to comfort myself. My last physical before i got out said I was 65kg, that ballooned up to over 100kg a few years later.

I got down to 90kgs a couple of years ago while training for a half marathon and have stayed there thanks to a fairly strict vegetarian diet. However the time has come for me to get back down to my ideal weight which is somewhere around 75kg. I've started running again and am already doing pretty well putting in 40kms last week and on course to do the same this week, plus I'm trying to avoid starchy carbs after lunch on the recommendation of my brother who is a personal trainer.

So that's my story so far, if anyone has some high protein vegetarian recipes that don't include pasta, potatoes or beans I'd love to hear them.
Marche ou crève

Fat to Fit
MoC

Re: Greetings from New Zealand

Postby warriorsgirl » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:35 pm

Welcome aboard!!!
Its great that ur brother is a PT - sounds like he will b a guiding hand for you throughout this experience.
Good luck!!!
warriorsgirl

Return to Introductions