It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:22 am

Free Newsletter

Hi im new :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi im new :)

Postby KIR57 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi, My name is Kirst im 22 years old

I have been batteling my weight since I was 10 years old after being involved in a Bus accident wich left me in hospital for 2 months with my leg in traction (broken femur)

After I got out of hospital I had to use a walking frame to learn how to walk again and was forced by my parents to return to school, a few sizes bigger and using the walking frame.

As you can imagine primary school kids dont understand and I was constantly tortured by their nasty comments. I became a loner with no friends and I guess I sort of didnt make an effort to loose the weight and turned to food for compfort.

I have begun seeing an awesome guy who accepts me for who I am and is willing to help me slim down (sweetheart) Im currently weighing in at 110 kg's and im ashamed of myself for letting it get this far without seeking help. My partner was about 140 kilo's and is now 90 kilo's thanks to the help of Duromine and a gym membership.

I have been to the doctor today and gotten a perscription for Duromine 30 and have already taken my first dose, I cant wait to see the results from the Tablets and also joining my baby at the gym most weeknights.

I want to be able to go into shops and buy trendy and nice clothes that dont look ridicilous because of my size, and I want to look good for my new found love and family and friends.

My father is quite a negative person and is constantly putting me down due to my weight wich I feel isnt constructive critisim.

Fingers crossed that I can become a new and healthier person.

Thanks for reading and I look foward to getting to know you all better.

Kirst
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfsDrP8/]
[/url]
KIR57

Re: Hi im new :)

Postby Gordz » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:15 pm

we're all behind u Kirst, sounds like a keeper that lad! best of luck ey? now get to the gym :wink:
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby KIR57 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:56 pm

thank you very much gordz, i plan on keeping him :)
[/url]
KIR57

Postby KIR57 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:42 am

hmmm Duromine is working, I cant sit still any longer im going to go and use my treadmill downstairs lol
[/url]
KIR57

Postby vonadz » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:55 pm

best of luck krist, my 16th day on duromine30mg -dropped 14kg,give us a update 1 week in of using them, not only for the weight loss, but what your emotions are doing ,some people say the make you cranky or depressed. But dont worry i havnt had anything like that-just a little bit more alert the first few days :D
vonadz

Postby KIR57 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:31 pm

vonadz wrote:best of luck krist, my 16th day on duromine30mg -dropped 14kg,give us a update 1 week in of using them, not only for the weight loss, but what your emotions are doing ,some people say the make you cranky or depressed. But dont worry i havnt had anything like that-just a little bit more alert the first few days :D

haha dunno about alert ive been kinda not 100% with it lol

im so tired at the moment
[/url]
KIR57

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:59 am

Welcome to the forum, Kirst! Sorry to hear about how bad school was for you, and how your father criticises you. It's great you have a boyfriend who is so kind and accepting, and even greater that he's decided to get healthy and lose his weight as well. He's certainly a great example to us all! I hope the Duromine works well for you. Good luck with your weight-loss. I'm sure you'll achieve great things!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby KIR57 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:09 am

Thanks Ali,

Ive had a look at your loss, your doing great!!

hopefully duromine will help me as much as ive heard it helps others.

thanks for your kind words
[/url]
KIR57

Postby nessydoor » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:52 am

vonadz wrote:best of luck krist, my 16th day on duromine30mg -dropped 14kg,give us a update 1 week in of using them, not only for the weight loss, but what your emotions are doing ,some people say the make you cranky or depressed. But dont worry i havnt had anything like that-just a little bit more alert the first few days :D

Oh my! I'm on 30mg Duromine and have been for 20 days. I've only lost 5kg. I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

I'm exercising everyday for min 30mins. Eating 5 small meals a day and no more that 1000 calories a day.

What have you been doing different?
nessydoor

Postby mumnbub » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:14 pm

nessydoor wrote:

Oh my! I'm on 30mg Duromine and have been for 20 days. I've only lost 5kg. I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

I'm exercising everyday for min 30mins. Eating 5 small meals a day and no more that 1000 calories a day.

What have you been doing different?

You need to be eating more than 1000 calories a day! your body will go into starvation mode and will not let you lose the weight- so many people think they just need to cut down how much they eat to lose weight but that cant be further from the truth- you MUST eat enough. Duromine is not a tool to allow you to starve yourself, its to help you learn to eat correctly. So you should be eating a well balanced diet and loseing about 1kg per week- DONT deliberatly aim for more than that as its not healthy to do so.
check out calorieking.com.au enter your details and it will let you know how many caleries you should be eating to lose weight. Food is essential to weight loss, you need to learn what foods to eat and in what quantities.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby ByeByeCurves » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:41 am

Good Luck with your weight loss! To everyone out there, I'm also on Duromine and could really use some tips on how to get the best out of it, I haven't weighed myself yet I will on Tuesday, so I don't know how I'm going yet but I would like to be one of the ones that loses lots of weight while I'm on it rather than the ones who seem to not get as much out of it so any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Week One Goal: Be Under 90kg
ByeByeCurves

Postby skinnymini » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:51 pm

Hi! kir57 I am also a fellow ipswich girl!!! good luck in your weightloss journey!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgAe0m9/]
[/url]
skinnymini

Return to Introductions