It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:19 pm

Free Newsletter

Howdy :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby ~Ang~ » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:17 pm

Hi all :)

My name is Ang and I'm once again planning to stick to my new years resolution to lose weight/change my life.

I'm 33 and single and starting to think I'm always going to be because of how I look. My friends have a bit of a go at me when I say stuff like that. But when I look/feel the way I do, and have zero confidence in myself, how could anyone else see anything good in me.

I miss having a forum I frequent so I'm really looking forward to this place being that!
~Ang~

Postby ~Ang~ » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:46 pm

I tried to edit my post but no luck so I thought I'd add some extra info here.

A few years ago I did TF and lost about 12kgs over a realistic time frame and have successfully kept all that off. Last January to March I did Dr Cohen's diet and lost pretty much about 12kgs also in 3 months. I have since gained it all back on :(

Both those diets have forums but they weren't for me. I need to change my life not have little quick fixes that put me back to where I start :(

I'm currently kicking myself and feeling worse than before eating what I did last night and decided to definitely join up to this forum. I figure then I'm accountable for my actions.

When I'm down I tend to binge eat :( A whole Dominos pizza and 2 of those cheesy garlic breads. I felt so sick afterwards and I only have myself to blame.

With the biggest losing starting back tonight I always find this show so inspirational. My plan is to exercise every night while watching it 8)
~Ang~

Re: Howdy :)

Postby mumnbub » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:44 am

Dont be so hard on yourself, you are after all human. What do you think caused you to gain all that weight back? I think you need to be able to answer that before you will be successful. You also need to learn to like the person you are, You may not like the physical you but I am sure there is something inside you that you love- you need to like who you are to be able to change who you are, after all, who wants to help someone they hate? Get out a large sheet of paper and start writing down everything your thinking, does not have to make sence, just write randomly what you like about yourself, what you want to change, what your goals are, whats happened that makes you want to eat. Keep it handy and keep adding to it. After a few days you can analyse it and work out a plan.

Keep a food diary, not just what you eat and drink but also what your feeling at the time. That way you might be able to see what your triggers are and find ways to deal with them so you dont continue binge eating.

Most of all keep blogging and you will stay motivated- it certainly helps.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Shalimar » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:19 am

Hi Ang and welcome, best of luck in reaching your goals :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby ~Ang~ » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:11 am

Thanks mumnbub and Shalimar :)

This time is going to be different I know! I want it to be and I'm going to work at it being. Every night I'm excercising while watching Biggest Loser so there's already something I haven't been doing. Eating lots of fruit and veg and "female" sized protein portions. I'll eventually get over craving an enormous man sized steak :lol:
~Ang~

Postby Shalimar » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:24 am

It sounds like to are off to a flying start Ang :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby warriorsgirl » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:28 am

Hi Ang

Welcome to the forum...
Take baby steps and you will get there...
Im trying to start again... My food hasnt been too bad, but I need to up my exercise.

Wat are you doing while u watch the biggest loser?
I think I might take on that idea, and exercise while I watch TV... fun fun... :P
warriorsgirl

Postby auntie lolly » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:29 pm

hi ....people will always have a dig at you...that is life...I have a wonderful BEST friend who makes little yukky comments here and there .....but if I get a wee bit hurt..I simply say....that hurts and she realizes then that she has overstepped the boundry.I am a Saggitarian and we are well known for foot IN mouth disease...sometimes our friends actually think they are being funny.....they don't mean to hurt you...please...whatever you do...learn to tell them how you feel,it does make a difference...as for the betty baxter programme....my user name is auntie lolly...I would love to encourage you...or contact me on facebook under the name of wendy buchanan....good luck in your persuit for weight management
auntie lolly

Return to Introductions