It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:36 pm

Free Newsletter

Another newbie

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Another newbie

Postby The Monty » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:58 pm

Hi.
My names Josh, and I can never keep my weight the same, it fluctuates all the time.
I have weighed up to 112kg before, when I was 18, but lost that and went down to 79.5. Since then, Ive goine between 80 and 95 constantly, up and down, up and down.
At the moment, Im 88.4kg, what I was 6 weeks before christmas. I lost 5 kilos, and chrissy came, and I put it all back on again.
So Im on a mission to get to 78kg. I bought my wedding suit when I was 82kg, and it was a firm fit then, and its 5 months before our wedding.
I will be doing it with a calorie controlled diet, and excercise everyday.
I pick my home gym back up this weekend, I lent it to a mate, who never used it. I also have my bike there.
I also have a newborn, 5 months old, and a 2 and a half year old. I have found that since the newborn came, I hardly find time to excercise, as my fiancee and I cant excercise together, not that she needs excercise.
I lack motivation, and loose interest in things quickly, hence why I am signing up to a forum, hoping to get motivation, ideas and feedback on my progress.
I have given myself 12 weeks, which is plenty of time, and once I reach my target, I will be aiming to tone up my body shape from there.
Well, thats it, only time will tell if I can do this.
Josh
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXHrDan/]
[/url]
The Monty

Re: Another newbie

Postby mumnbub » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:08 pm

Sounds like you have the right idea- how are you counting calories? check out calorieking.com.au , its a free site and makes counting calories sooo easy. As for motivation, getting married should be great motivation for you but if you need more then when your feeling flat get on here and let everyone know, you will soon be motivated to get moving again.
The good thing is you know how to lose weight- you have done that before, you just need to learn how to maintain that weight when you get there. Does your eating habbits change once you lose weight? Maybe when you do lose the weight just up your daily calories slightly and keep following the same lifestyle, after a while it will become habbitand you wont need to count calories- as long as you maintain good healthy eating and exercise you should be ok.

Good luck
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby The Monty » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:03 pm

I count calories the old fashioned way, weighing and calculating off the information panels.
You are correct in saying that once I loose weight I change my eating habits. I relax more, think, oh this bowl of chicken nuggets for an arvo snack wont hurt much, yaddayaddayadda.
I know my weaknesses. I need to put them on a list, and have one of them, maybe once a week for a snack.
I love Juice. The Golden Circle Fruit drinks to be exact, so not really Juice at all but mostly sugared juice flavoured water. I could drink one of those at tea time.
Processed chicken products. SO easy for snacking, but so loaded with crap its not funny.
Hot chooks, and the stuffing. If Im in the mood, Ill just pull of the skin and eat it, lol.
Chocolate. I love Chocolate. There is no getting away from that one.
And the last one is Milkshakes and Iced Coffee. God I love them, if only there was an alternative.
Thanks for the link, and the welcome.
Josh
[/url]
The Monty

Postby mumnbub » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:36 pm

The Monty wrote:I know my weaknesses. I need to put them on a list, and have one of them, maybe once a week for a snack.
I love Juice. The Golden Circle Fruit drinks to be exact, so not really Juice at all but mostly sugared juice flavoured water. I could drink one of those at tea time.
Processed chicken products. SO easy for snacking, but so loaded with crap its not funny.
Hot chooks, and the stuffing. If Im in the mood, Ill just pull of the skin and eat it, lol.
Chocolate. I love Chocolate. There is no getting away from that one.
And the last one is Milkshakes and Iced Coffee. God I love them, if only there was an alternative.

Do you have a juicer? if you want to have juice then maybe try makingyour own juices
Hot chooks are not all that bad depending on where you get them- just avoid the stuffing or only have a small amount of it
Buy dark chocolate- its better for you. You can get individual packages so its easier to control how much your having
Milkshakes- do you have a blender? you can make your own smoothies, maybe try adding some low fat/low fat or even soy milk in a blender with some strawberries, banana, blueberries or whatever fruit you enjoy- thicken it up by adding some yoghurt. Its also a good way to add protein by adding the powder to it- you wont even notice its there.
Iced coffee- replacement shakes (eg: tony ferguson, the biggest loser ect) have coffee flavoured ones you could try. Or once again make up your own, am sure there is a recepie for it online somewhere.
Chicken nuggets- dice some chicken, coat it in crumbs and oven cook them, freeze them in groups of 4 and then when you want some you can heat and eat without feeling like your eating too much processed food thats been cooked in fat.

Its all about making the right choices- you dont have to give up everything, just be creative.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby The Monty » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:33 am

Those are some great ideas. Time to go shopping methinks.
[/url]
The Monty

Return to Introductions