It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:44 am

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Sallyslim » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:01 pm

Hi my name is Sally, I'm 26 years old and I love food.

I have always struggled with my weight and lately I just seem to keep putting it on despite my best efforts. I am really looking forward to some good advice and support from this forum.

Re: Howdy!!!!!!

Postby mumnbub » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:18 pm

Hi Sally- loving food does not always = weight gain, you just need to find foods that you love and are healthy for you or find better ways of cooking your food. Also having smaller portion sizes help or having your fav foods in a small portion with a salad.

Having the fattier foods is still an option but on the odd occasion- you will enjoy it much more if its a treat and eventually you will start to crave healthier foods rather then the fatty ones. Before I started losing weight I love my food and ate fast food far to often, it took a while but now the thought does not occure to me when i am out and about, can drive past kfc without even realising it is there- before i would have to stop and grab a snack, then managed to refrain but it was a struggle ofwills, then came acceptence that I did not need to have that food and could drive past and smile, now as I said I dont even notice them along the way.

What are your goals? Write them down, not just weight loss but general fitness, particular foods that are an issue for you and want to learn to avoid (for me its coffee), basically goals can be anything.

If you need help on what foods you should be eating just ask and someone will help. Either that or try , it will let you know how much your able to eat and lose weight and can also give you a menu if you want - its a very useful site.

Good luck with your lifestyle change, keep us updated on your progress
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

Re: Howdy!!!!!!

Postby PepperCalendar » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:22 am

Hi Sally!!