It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:12 pm

Free Newsletter

hey Im back-my story. please be careful

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

hey Im back-my story. please be careful

Postby aussiechick » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:00 pm

I was on this a sometimes last year. Trying to lose just a couple of kilos.

Unfortuantely it got to me. And i came down with an eating disorder.

I ended up starving myself, over excersisng, attempted purging, taking medications, i ended up becoming so weak i could barely walk 100 metres my legs would start to give way. My "monthly" stoped for 4 months. My eyes sunk and i lost my chest and butt. Everyone around me was noticing how skinny i was becoming, and getting worried. But i never noticed it. I still saw an overweight blob in the mirror.

I can not tell you the pain me, my family, freinds and others around went through from this. It was shocking.

I went to a dietition and a phycologist and they really helped me, i wasnt aloud to excersise for about 6 months. Ive become better and everyone has been so supportive and has helped me. Im now excersising again and focusing more on my fitness and health.

Sadly after all that starvation and losing rapid weight, its true. It comes STRAIGHT BACK on. Thanks to alcohol as well ive now got a but of a belly and out heaps on around my waist. And ive now been binging every day?! It has become a habbit. But im going to stop. So im starting again. I start now. The healthy way. Ive learned by my mistake. Just want to drop a couple of kilos and tone up and become healthy, fit and run in marathons etc,

thanks so much if you read this. Just be careful everyone. Dont let this whole eating/excersising become an obssession. It happened to me, and seriously i thought i would be the last person to come down with an eating disorder. So please be careful guys! Good luck with your goals and i hope to achieve mine.
It starts now :)
aussiechick

Re: hey Im back-my story. please be careful

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:04 am

Welcome back Aussiechick.

I'm so sorry you developed an eating disorder. I'm very glad you've recovered, though I imagine it was hell to go through. Thank you for posting your story here as a warning to people. It's certainly a fine line between 'motivated' and 'obsessive' and we have to be careful to be able to tell the difference between the two.

Was there something on the forum that sparked off your eating disorder and over-exercising? I ask because it's something that always concerns me, that someone could develop unhealthy and dangerous habits by taking the wrong piece of advice away. And it's always hard to question if someone on the forum is developing unhealthy habits without the person taking offense, so it can be a difficult issue to broach.

Are you still seeing the dietitian to create a healthy eating and exercise plan?

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby mumnbub » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:45 am

Just remember its not a race- you can take things slow and it does not mean your not trying hard enough. Taking time to do this gives your body the best chance of keeping the weight off. Plan to lose 500g to 1kg a week- less if need be. If you see that your losing this then you will know there is no reason to go to any extreams. It can be hard though- I know some days I just want this weight gone and can understand why some people do develp eating disorders, you just have to remind yourself why your doing it- not to lose weight, thats just a by-product, your trying to creat a healthier lifestyle and the only way to do that is by eating healthy meals and doing regular exercise without going to any extreams.

Thank you for posting this- it is an important message and one that seems to get ignored. Good luck with your lifestyle change, let us know how it all goes and if your having any problems along the way.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby aussiechick » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:24 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:Welcome back Aussiechick.

I'm so sorry you developed an eating disorder. I'm very glad you've recovered, though I imagine it was hell to go through. Thank you for posting your story here as a warning to people. It's certainly a fine line between 'motivated' and 'obsessive' and we have to be careful to be able to tell the difference between the two.

Was there something on the forum that sparked off your eating disorder and over-exercising? I ask because it's something that always concerns me, that someone could develop unhealthy and dangerous habits by taking the wrong piece of advice away. And it's always hard to question if someone on the forum is developing unhealthy habits without the person taking offense, so it can be a difficult issue to broach.

Are you still seeing the dietitian to create a healthy eating and exercise plan?

cheers,
Ali

Thanks EvilWombatQueen.

I never used the forum overly much, but it didnt spark the disorder. I think more so i just become obssesed and became desperate and decided to go to extremem measures to lose weight. It didnt hit me that i had an eating disorder until my mum came in while i was excersising and fell to her knees crying. It was so crushing. She helped me see that i needed help.

Yes i still see my dietition, shes also a like a phycologist as well, very supportive and has helped alot. Im going to see her again this week. Im eating well today, dont my tae bo this morning and cardio salsa just then.
aussiechick

Postby aussiechick » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:26 pm

mumnbub wrote:Just remember its not a race- you can take things slow and it does not mean your not trying hard enough. Taking time to do this gives your body the best chance of keeping the weight off. Plan to lose 500g to 1kg a week- less if need be. If you see that your losing this then you will know there is no reason to go to any extreams. It can be hard though- I know some days I just want this weight gone and can understand why some people do develp eating disorders, you just have to remind yourself why your doing it- not to lose weight, thats just a by-product, your trying to creat a healthier lifestyle and the only way to do that is by eating healthy meals and doing regular exercise without going to any extreams.

Thank you for posting this- it is an important message and one that seems to get ignored. Good luck with your lifestyle change, let us know how it all goes and if your having any problems along the way.

thankyou mumnbub.

Ive learned by my mistakes and now taking my time. Understanding that i first need to change 'mentally', then i will see results faster.
aussiechick

Return to Introductions