It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:22 am

Free Newsletter

My final weightloss journey

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

My final weightloss journey

Postby Ree81 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:58 am

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and would like somewhere to get motivation and to share my story.

I'm 27 turing 28 in April, I married my best friend in November 2007.

I have been overweight nearly my whole relationship with my husband which is coming up to 10 years.

I am a serial dieter I have been on WW at least four times, I have done lite n easy twice, I have been on Xenical and Reductil & I have tried any number of other things. I went to my doctor who suggested lapband surgery was the only way ( I DON'T THINK SO!)

I also have PCOS which is soley because of me weight. My husband and I have secretly been trying to start a family over the last few months so we are still in the early stages.

I would prefer not to get pregnant until I am at a reasonable weight, but my hubby likes the idea of kids and wants to try now. I have been told that I can fall pregnant with PCOS but my sister has been trying for two years and only recently found out that she also has PCOS.

My goal is to get into my healthy weight range so I can start to try and have kids and bring them into this world in a healthy environment.

Wish me luck!

Cheers
Marie :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBVKPnA/]
[/url]
Ree81

Re: My final weightloss journey

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:25 pm

Good luck Marie! And good on you for being so persistent. I personally think that weight loss is a matter of trial and error. You need to keep trying different methods until you find the one that's right for you.

How are you currently tackling your weight loss? Are you following a program, or have you devised a plan for yourself?

Best of luck! I'm sure you'll get there. Any time you want need to ask for advice, to share some tips, or just to chat or vent we'll be here to listen to you! :D

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby warriorsgirl » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:22 pm

Welcome and Good Luck Ali on your journey!!!

EWQ is the best for advice, you're at the right place!
warriorsgirl

Postby Ree81 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:44 am

Thanks for your support.

This weekend I will be starting my journey with a weightloss program called Trim Body System.

I have to start with two days of detox which helps to give your body a two day break and refresh your system

I have done it before and lost 15 kilos in two months but I always get to the 100 to 95 kilo mark and get comfortable and then fall back into bad habits. I don't want to do that anymore and I know that I can achieve my goals.

Thanks again and I will let you know how I go after my first weigh in.

Marie
[/url]
Ree81

Postby Alexandra » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:12 am

Marie, welcome to the forum. I think losing weight is really difficult but it's really really easy compared to keeping it off! That's the real challenge as you said above - not falling back into old habits.

So much of your story is similar to mine (although I'm older than you!). I got married in Aug 07, am trying to conceive (and have been for over 12 months). I have PCOS and have tried as many things to lose weight as you suggested above. I also had a similar amount of weight to lose so I can really relate to how you must feel.

I'm excited for you - because now you have the support and encouragement of the forum. This is a great place to find motivation to keep going because I really believe that in the end, that is the key to success (well, once you are armed with the information of eating well and being able to moderately exercise of course! and there is plenty of that here too)

Good luck in reaching your goals and I look forward to following your success! Best wishes, Alexandra :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby mumnbub » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:12 am

What else does the trim body system involve? Have not heard of this so would be interested in knowing what your doing and how you go with it all.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Ree81 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:27 am

Thanks, I will give you a quick run down of what it involves.

The first two days are detox with two different kinds of shakes.
Main meals have protien, either banana or strawberries, ice, yoghurt, honey and milk or oj
Snacks are protien shake much like Celebrity Slim with protien and milk or water

After the first two days you have a shake for breakfast snacks are vegies so carrot or celery and a half protien bar lunch is the snack protien shake and dinner is a normal meal from the provided receipe book. They also have suppliments to compliment the program.

They have an excersise regime of 4 min cardio - 3 min Toning - 2 min Core - 1 min Strengthening. You build up to do as many 10 minute sessions are you like so if you can only do 1 to start with thats better than none.

I have chosen to go organic because of the PCOS and I have a food intolerence that has not fully been diagnosed I am still going through the tests so I am having Rice Milk and Organic Soy Yoghurt.

With this program you weigh everyday which I know is not what the experts tell you but I will let you all know on Sunday or Monday how I go.

Cheers
Marie
[/url]
Ree81

Return to Introductions