It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:31 pm

Free Newsletter

new and unsure.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

new and unsure.

Postby satsumi » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:39 pm

hi.

i'm a 21yr old female, living in melbourne.

i have a history of anorexia, even having been sent to hospital for weight gain. and somewhere along the line i developed COE (compulsive over-eating). Now i sit about 15 kilos away from a weight that i want to be. my highest bmi was over 27.5 (i dont know how high i went as i threw my scales in the bin) and my current bmi is 26.2. with my lowest being under 15. never again!

i really want to lose the weight and get back to a normal weight as in life, i have only ever experienced being severly underweight, and being considered overweight. i see a dietition as i dont know how to eat. and my aim in joining this forum is to learn how to lose weight safely and in a sensible manner. i dont want to revert to my old ways of starvation, thats my biggest fear in life.

i hope that i'll be accepted here. i really want to learn and be healthy.

so. hi. :)
bmi - 26.2.

goal bmi - 20.
satsumi

Re: new and unsure.

Postby mumnbub » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:45 pm

Everyone is always welcome here, no matter what your past has been like, we are all here to live a healthier life. I think if you listen to the dietitian and do regular exercise which includes weight bearing and cardio you will achieve this. If you dont mind me asking, what weight are you now and what is your goal? -just out of curiosity.
If you think of this as a lifestlye change you will be able to do it in a healthy way. If your worried about anything just write a blog and you will get support from many of the members here.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby satsumi » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:08 pm

thanks. i do listen to my dietition. but its hard, i'm so used to meal plans for gaining weight that its odd to be learning how to lose it.
i go to the gym three times a week and do weights and cardio. which i enjoy. i want to get fit enough to start up a sport again.

my weight is hovering around 67kg currently. and i would like to be around 55kg. but i have to own up to being terrified of scales.
i prefer measurements. and my stomach measurement is still 37inches which i am really not happy with.

thanks for the welcome though.
bmi - 26.2.

goal bmi - 20.
satsumi

Postby milkyway » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Everyone is welcome and we're not here to judge anyone. We're all on our own weightloss journey and have out own demons to sort out but recognise the value a community of like-minded people can add to our journey :)

Most people here advocate losing weight and maintaining weight by eating a healthy, balanced, calorie controlled diet together with exercise.

Best of luck for you journey and I look forward to reading about your progress.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Return to Introductions