It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:48 am

Free Newsletter

Hey there :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hey there :)

Postby LilSub » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:57 pm

Hi everyone I just wanted to introduce myself :) I am from Aus, But going to move to USA to be with my fiancee in the near future :) I have recently had some iridology done, followed by a trip to a nutritionist and after some testing and bloods, Ive discovered I am allergic to wheat! Which would explain the bloating and pains etc o.0 I have a lot of weight to lose but i know i can do this :) its going to be hard but i really want this :) I want to love myself as much as my Fiancee loves me :P Im now finding that im not really sure what to eat..lol rice cakes etc are getting old already after a week...so I was hoping maybe some of you lovely ppl would have some ideas on building an interesting wheat free diet :) Thanks so much, i cant wait to meet and support you all :P
LilSub

Re: Hey there :)

Postby Shalimar » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:49 am

Hi Lilsub and welcome :D , I have no ideas on the wheat free thing but best of luck in reaching your goals.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby foxyaussie » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi LilSub,
Welcome! All the best in reaching your goals.
With the wheat allergy, I have also been told by a naturopath I may be allergic to it. Same symptoms as you plus constant dark circles under eyes :cry:, headaches etc. Not fun!
Anyway I did some research on the net and depending where you live or where you're moving to there may be shops just selling wheat free, gluten free, dairy free products etc. I know there is one near to me that does, I found it on the net too. You will be amazed at the products they sell that you can still eat, and food stuff that has been modified to not include wheat etc. Very cool!
I'm not sure about fat, sugar etc. content of these foods though so just check that out before you go crazy when you see all the foods you can still eat :D I know the modified bread is very high in kJ's(i think) though.
It seems these allergies are quite common these days so thankfully the demand for these type of products are being supplied! Now the cost of them needs working on :?
All the best, hopeufully you will have no trouble finding allergy free food in the U.S too.
Jane :D
Heaviest Weight ever 82kg on 14/1/2009
81kg 15/2/2009
76.4kg 17/3/2009
76kg 23/3/09
75.5kg 30/3/09

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVb86a0/]
[/url]

Remember it's what's inside that matters the most.
foxyaussie

Postby Dave011 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:41 am

I'm wishing a best of luck. . . hope you achieve your goal and beautiful life with your fiancee.
Last edited by Shalimar on Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising removed.
Dave011

Postby Alexandra » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:16 am

Hi and Welcome. My family has also been following wheat/gluten free diets at times and we've found that there are many substitutes available. I notice that these products tend to be very expensive however :x (due to the captive audience, I imagine) but as you look further into it, you'll see just what's available to you. The health food aisle in the supermarket is a good place to start! Best of luck with it all, Alexandra :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Return to Introductions