It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Coming to terms with being addicted to food......newbie

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Coming to terms with being addicted to food......newbie

Postby CandyCotton » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Hi all,

Im 23 years old and have always struggled with my weight, while at school i had to time to go to gym every day so i could eat what ever i wanted and neva noticed the difference, but since having finished school, gotten married and working full time, i dont have time for gym i work 50 plus hours a week and like nothing more then to sit down with a glass of wine and a block of chocolate, or my cappacinos or my pasta, im just coming to terms with the fact that maybe im addicted to food, ive never really thouht about it b4 and im really embarressed, i cant afford to go see any professionals about it, so im hoping i can speak with you guys and your advice, success stories and support will get me there.
ive done jenny craig and while i could stick to it it was great but expensive and took alot longer with me as i was still snacking on things i shouldnt have been touching.
ive also tried milk shake diets but found them extremely un appetising.
its like i wake up every morning and try to convince myself today is the day, i need to just say no to chocolate, but i cant seem to go a day with out it, i know how serious it can be i know im a huge risk for diabetes, and im scaring myself, i want to be an active mum, my hubby and i are talking of kids in the not too distant future and i really want to have my weight under control before that happens.
i just dont know what to do, i am at the momnt taking nutra fibre appetite suppresants, which seem to help. a little.
im nearly 120kgs about 6' tall.
i need your help!

cotton
CottonCandyXo
CandyCotton

Re: Coming to terms with being addicted to food......newbie

Postby accs » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:37 am

Hey Cotton, Welcome!

i can not talk for everyone- i can only say what works for me.
I am only new here myself, but i can give you some ideas...
I keep a food diary- i write down EVERYTHING i eat and drink- and i calculate all the kilojoules that i take in, and i also record what exercise i do, how much it should have "burnt" off, and calculate from there. You might find the website http://www.calorieking.com.au helpful for that. That website is mentioned a lot on here, and is definetly worth checking out. I have found it has made me much more aware of what i am putting into my body. Sometimes it is only little things that you may add to your food- or things that may only seem small, but can pack a lot of energy.

You may not have time to "work out" but maybe you can do some incidental exercise- things such as taking stairs instead of elevators or lifts. Maybe you can go for a walk on your lunch break...?

Sorry, you have probably heard all of these before.

Again, only my opinion- please watch the tablets, and wonder things that make you loose weight fast. The weight will not stay off if you go back to old habits.
But, again, it is individual. Weight loss does require a life change though.

And always remember- another little saying you will find throughout this website.
"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"

All the best!
Anne
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyBT9U2/]
[/url]

start 05/03/09 99.6 size 18
now 98.4 size 18
ultimate (eventually) 50 something kg size 8-10 (want to be 60kg or under)
accs

Postby CandyCotton » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:28 am

ah thankyou, i think i will start a food diary, i do things like park a couple of blocks from work and walk, i suppose every little bit counts?
i must run off to work now...
and thank you again anne.
CottonCandyXo
CandyCotton

Postby Shalimar » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:50 am

Hi Candy and welcome :D , best of luck in achieving what you have set out to.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Return to Introductions