It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:29 am

Free Newsletter

Newbie - started 3 months ago

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie - started 3 months ago

Postby chlowen » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:01 pm

Hey all,

Great forum, just thought I would share my journey so far.
I am 6,2" and male, and just before xmas weighed in at 93kg, the heaviest I have ever been. As of the 10th of March I got down to 83kg. I simply cut out the junk food, and fizzy drinks, and started exercising 6 days a week. I have been alternating weight training with interval and long distance running - can now do a 5 to 10 km run no probs, where as when I started, I couldn't even get up the first hill 1km away. I am eating the following - breakfast is 4 vita brits and low fat milk 7am, morning tea is a tin of tuna 10am, lunch is a chicken salad sandwhich or roll, afternoon tea is a handful off almonds in some yoghurt, dinner is meat and vegg. I have been getting up at about 10 to 6 in the morning and doing 30min of activity 6 days a week. I have just got back from a week long holiday in queensland and have put on about 1 to 1.5 kg :x , looking to start training again tomorrow. Just thought I would share, I have been keeping a log each day of what I do and what I weigh and each month I have been taking photos, I think it is the photos and the graphs from the daily logs that keep me going, it is just so rewarding to see things working properly.

Re: Newbie - started 3 months ago

Postby Shalimar » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:07 pm

Well done and welcome Paul, keep up the great work :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.

Re: Newbie - started 3 months ago

Postby its time » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:19 pm

HI Paul
Thats fantastic! Especially the exercise - I admire you. I will think of your example and try to get going.
Cheers its time
its time

Return to Introductions