It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:05 am

Free Newsletter

Hi, new and need help, my SureSlim clinic closed!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi, new and need help, my SureSlim clinic closed!

Postby cassie » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:08 pm

Hi, I'm from Queensland and new to the forum. Been searching for some support as the SureSlim Clinic I joined on the Gold Coast has closed. I joined about a month ago and have lost 3kg, much slower than was promised, now I have hit a wall. I was so upset that all the clinics on the Gold Coast have closed and I have nowhere to go that I started eating again. The staff told me at my last visit that they felt that it may close. Problems all around the countryside. I just can't beleive that they would sign people up and then close so soon afterwards. Anyone else had similar problems? The same thing happened to me years ago with Gloria Marshall(oops showing my age here-lol). That's it for me, it's support on the net or nothing from now on.

Postby KimE » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:59 pm

Hello Cassie and welcome to the forum.

There is loads of great info on this site and plenty of support from all in the forum. The plan I am on doesn't have a support network so I too find online works best for me.

Well done on your weight loss to date and good luck for the future. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:01 pm

Hi Cassie and welcome,
A pity they couldn't follow through on the service you bought. I'm sure that you are more than capable of achieving great results with a bit of support from this forum though. Feel free to jump in whererver you like!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Dolly » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:35 pm

Welcome to the forum cassie!
I'm off on a business trip so I'll catch up with you all again on Sunday.

To get a ticker graph that records your weight loss this link will help -

Postby cassie » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:01 pm

Thanks for the advice. Will be checking in for inspirational stories and posting for some support. Ready to start again after the weekend.

Postby SureSlimAustralia » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:36 am

SureSlim recognises and apologises for any inconvenience caused to our South Australian clients by the recent closure of some clinics. This was due to the financial position of the business owners of the individual stores and in no way reflects the viability of our national operation. We are planning to have several of these clinics re-open in the next few weeks and several more in the medium term and look forward to helping our many South Australian clients continue on their weight loss and wellness journey.

We are implementing new strategies now that will leave the SureSlim business well positioned to help change the shape of our nation and improve our clients lives.

Thank you,

Geoff Adams

Managing Director

SureSlim 2006

Postby Fairie » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:23 pm

Hi Cassie,

I have been doing SureSlim since March 05 and have been very happy with the results. I have hit a snag at the moment but that is my doing and nothing to do with the SureSlim plan. I had noticed things were not right with SureSlim for a few months and did not like the changes I saw at my Clinic and across the country.

I will still be following the SureSlim plan and with the support of the great group here I hope to be back on track soon

Good luck with your weightloss journey and hope to see you around the forum. :D

Postby cassie » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:23 pm

Thanks Fay,

I've been following my program but it's hard. I must say that the program may work if I was better informed about it and had professional support. It's great coming here and just reading about others that are going through the same emotional things helps but when you need specific advise to do with the program it's no available. Personally I find it disturbing that the new MD has come here to tell everyone that all is well yet HO wants nothing to do with all the clients they have let down. :roll: Especially those on the Gold Coast. No light at the end of the tunnel there I'm afraid.

Return to Introductions