It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Free Newsletter

First post just joined

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

First post just joined

Postby ROBSKI » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:21 pm

G'day all, My name is Rob and I stumbled upon your forum by mistake but it seems great..

Ok I'm 39 and live in Adelaide, my current weight is 141kg and I want to get to 110 for a start.
I should be 85kg for my height 185cm so I'm classed as morbidly obese.
Last year I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes after my wife made me go to the quack. She is an
EN and thought my symptoms ( up all night going peepee, always thirsty and tired ) warranted a visit to the
doc's to see if she was right.
So I gave up my best friend COKE and decided to start looking after myself. I found that I enjoy Pepsi light rather
than some of the other diet drinks and wish I had started this years ago. Now I have gone from Zero exercise to a
fair bit. I walk the dog between 2.5 and 5 km a day or will ride 10km on the deadly treadly. On occasion I have been for a ride
after work then got off and taken the wife and the dog for a walk as well. Some early mornings when work roster permits I will go swimming
at the local indoor pool. This is hard for me because I get disheartened so easily, I could barely make the 25m lap without stopping .
I will persist and have purchased some flippers from advice from another swimmer that goes also.

In the past couple of weeks my weight has not changed and everyone tells me it's because I'm building muscle not losing fat. So I have fallen off the
wagon diet wise but plan on getting back on in the next couple of days. I really want to lose another 10 to 20kg before our first overseas trip to Thailand
early July. Got to keep my eyes on the prize... lol.

Anyway that’s a little about me for know, if you have any questions please ask.

Rob

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjf9ZtV/]
[/url]
ROBSKI

Re: First post just joined

Postby Shalimar » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:11 pm

Hi Rob and welcome, it sounds like you are off to a fantastic start.
I know what it is like to be in the morbidly obese category as I was there. Best of luck in reaching your goals and keep up the great work :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby ROBSKI » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:41 pm

Shalimar wrote:Hi Rob and welcome, it sounds like you are off to a fantastic start.
I know what it is like to be in the morbidly obese category as I was there. Best of luck in reaching your goals and keep up the great work :D .

Thanks for that, you have made a massive weight loss and I admire the effort... :mrgreen:

Rob
ROBSKI

Postby Shalimar » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:36 pm

Thank you Rob :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Return to Introductions