It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Free Newsletter

New to Australia & on a Weight Loss Journey

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New to Australia & on a Weight Loss Journey

Postby MelbourneT » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:07 pm

I am new to Australia (immigrated here 6 months ago). I have started my weight loss journey and was excited to see this forum.

I currently weight 74.4kgs, I started my journey at 79.8kgs in January. Most of the weight I have lost (4kgs) has been in the last month.

I am currently using Admin Censored (and I PROMISE i am not a seller or distributor - I buy it on E-Bay). My friend recommended it as you get supplements / vitamins with it. I take the shakes for breakfast and lunch. For dinner I am trying to eat low GI foods but think I still need to cut out some of the carbs and eat more veggies. I am working on this.

I am enjoying the shakes and am starting to see changes not only in my body but also my mind. I have had to learn to have self discipline (which I don't always get right) but I am gettting better at having self control which I believe has been a HUGE part of my weight gain problem. I know I also eat emotionally - happy, sad, bored.

I am feeling very motivated as since loosing this little amount of weight I fit into jeans that were too tight to zip up and also my body seems to be functioning better (eeks).

I really want to prove to myself that I am worth taking care of and also make my husband proud of me. I wish to not worry about covering up all the time, I want to feel confident and go out feeling and knowng that I look good but most of all that i am healthy and that my body is being looked after.

I hope to check in on the forums daily and reach my goals with the support of others who are also on the same journey.

Re: New to Australia & on a Weight Loss Journey

Postby sarahm » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:18 pm

hi this is sarah. i am new to this forum too. i saw your post and thought i would say 'hello' and welcome to australia. where did you come from? i am a mum of two. my highest weight several weeks ago was 105kg. i am now around 97kgs. it will be a long journey...but not a lonely one on here. wishing you all the best. :)

Postby Shalimar » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:06 am

Hello, welcome and best of luck in achieving your goals :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.

Postby CrimsonThunder » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:15 pm

Hello, are you doing any exercise? you didn't mention any. Eating healthy wont get you far unless you do some exercise.
- Stevo

Postby Amethyst » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:55 pm

Welcome to the country, the forum and the journey. Good luck with all. Where did you move from?

Return to Introductions