It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:45 am

Free Newsletter

"Pretty face, shame about her weight"

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

"Pretty face, shame about her weight"

Postby Manc Missy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:45 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the site - but I'm definitely not new to the subject! I'm only 24 but have struggled constantly with my weight from age 8. I have just returned back from the UK to live with my family again. While I was over there, I ballooned to 93kg!

So despite the big numbers, I'm still averaging a size 14. I've always been "heavy". I'm pretty sure I've tried everything! I know people say that weight loss needs to be psychological as well as physical and I can assure you I have baggage in both areas.

Also, I have a fat family. My father had a lap band operation which became infected and removed. He now weighs 135kg and is trying to get to his target of 110. My mum has recently undergone the same procedure but is going well and nearing her target. My sister, although now a healthy weight, has also struggled previously.

I have a goal weight of 75kg, and have already dropped from 93.7 kg to 89.4 in 3 weeks. I weigh in every Sunday morning (to deter me from big Saturday night drinking). I am using meal replacement shakes twice a day (breakfast and dinner) and having a healthy lunch in between. I try to motivate myself to use the treadmill twice a week.

Any tips/ideas or just general conversation/motivation would be appreciated!

Manc Missy

Date started: 9th March (93.7kg)
Next weigh-in: 19th April
Half-way point: 9.4kg
Manc Missy

Re: "Pretty face, shame about her weight"

Postby sarahm » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:43 am

hi this is sarahm. i only joined the site afew weeks ago. i am a mum of 2 young kids, and after my divorce i ballooned to 105kg. in the last several weeks i have got down to 95kgs and would like to be 75kgs day. i keep telling myself when eyeing off delicious high calorie foods'do u want to wear it on your body?' seems to be working 4 now! am trying very hard to reduce my calorie intake. do hope you findthe site useful...i really like reading about everyones journeys. good luck! sarahm x :)

Re: "Pretty face, shame about her weight"

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Welcome to the forum, Manc Missy! I hope your weight loss journey goes well. My only advice would be to gather as many tips as possible about recipes, cooking and nutrition before weaning yourself off the diet shakes. While meal replacements can be great for initial weight loss there's the risk that you'll regain the weight if you go back to old habits once you come off them.

There are a few people here using meal replacement shakes who can give you more advice. I hope you enjoy your time at the forum!

Return to Introductions