It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:38 am

Free Newsletter

First day of the rest of my life....

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

First day of the rest of my life....

Postby Slimming_Trish » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:26 pm

*waves*

Hi, I'm Trish. This morning I made the decision that things HAVE to change for me. I'm 28, I am married and have 4 young children aged 7, 6, 4 and 3.
I currently weigh 106.8kg's and for my height have been informed that about 75kg's is a healthy weight for me. I would be happy to make it into the 80's. I was also a skinny kid, but I thought I was fat. I look back at photos and wonder how I could possibly think that as I was such a stick. I put on weight in my teens and lost it and put it on and then got married and had my kids. Since then I have really struggled with my weight. I like food. I have a pretty hectic life so find it hard to want to get out and be active on top of everything that needs to be done for my family but there are no more excuses for me now. I have to do this or I will be hiding forever whenever someone pulls out a camera and I will never go out and enjoy myself cause I am always so sad about how I look. I'm done being sad!!!!!

Today I am starting again. I have weighed myself, measured everything, taken my before photos and am journelling my foods and activity. I thought I'd pop online and see if I could find a group of people who are going through similar issues and I found this forum.

So hiii :)
Trish

Slimming_Trish

Re: First day of the rest of my life....

Postby Shalimar » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Hi Trish and welcome :D m there is heaps of info in here and there's always someone willing to listen and advise. Enjoy the forums.

If you are feeling brave post your piccies and your stats, in a couple of months you'll be so glad that you did.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Slimming_Trish » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:18 pm

Thanks so much for your warm welcome Shalimar.
I think I am feeling brave, just need to upload the pics. Last time I did this I bawled and bawled about my photos. This time I guess my attitude has changed as all I'm focused on is making the changes necessary so that I don't look like this again.

Thanks again :)
Trish

Slimming_Trish

Postby sarahm » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:11 pm

hi trish. i am a 35y.o mum of two[wow u are raising 4! ] read your post and want to say 'hi' have only been here afew weeks but am finding the support invaluable-sure u will too. i was 105kg a couple of months ago[heaviest EVER!] and have managed to get to 95kg. also want to get down to 75ish. its so hard to make ourselves a priority as mums, but i guess we have to. am majorly sick of myself in pics[shocking] and hate the clothes i have to wear. anyway-'welcome' and look forward to hearing about your journey. bye 4 now-sarahm x :)
sarahm

Postby amouse » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:20 pm

hiya trish i too am 28.. with kids i have one of each Cam is 8 and Leah is 4.. .. I too let myself go to look after the kids.. but had a very ruff time with Leah she was sick basically form birth to 3.. and i didnt care about me in those 3 years i went from maybe 105 kilos to 135.. kilos... lol .. But once i got my daughter sorted out health wise i was able to start getting myself sorted out too ... all her illnesses have been allergy/asthma related.. and becuase of that the helathy eating is a breeze since she cant eat processed foods.. she reacts to colours flavours and preservatives .. so almost everything in this house is good healthy food.. the only down fall being there is nothing in chocolate ,... ugggh lol..

anyway . since that i have gone from 135 down to 112.. ( where i have been stuck since november last year.. but i have a feeling that may change this week.. lol )

so yeah i know whats its like to be forgotten .. lol.. welcome and good luck with your journey
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wq07Col/]
[/url]
On your journey it doesn't matter how long it takes to reach your destintation . What matters is getting there!
SW 135 kilos(nov 2007)
GW 70 something lol
CW 110.5
amouse

Postby Alexandra » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:40 pm

Hi and Welcome, good luck with your goals. It is so hard to put yourself first when you're a mum. I don't know how you find any time and energy - hats off to you! Best wishes and good luck with everything, Alexandra :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Return to Introductions