It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:55 am

Free Newsletter

New but been here before

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New but been here before

Postby Scotty » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:53 am

G'day
Well it feels like AA for overweight people, been on many diets done it all before and back to where i started, eating crap, not exercising
Doc said if i dont get it right this time he is getting rid of me - harsh words but really sunk home

I have kidney disease, fatty liver, high blood pressure and high colestral, doesnt sound that flash

I know i can do it, i just need motivation, so yesterday i started new 12 week plan that will end up being plan to save my life

I need help........

Cheers
Scotty
Scotty

Re: New but been here before

Postby Czarina » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:07 am

Welcome Scotty!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help! Any questions? Shoot. Wanna whinge? Do it.

Good Luck! :D
Czarina

Postby Scotty » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:24 am

No whinging here, only got myself to blame -
I want to start slow, can i ask if walking 30min a day helps, or should i go more harder stuff - i like weights but not fussed on gyms.
Later on i want to buy a ski and do surf skiing, more upper body

Thanks
Scotty

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi Scotty!

30 minutes walking per day sounds like a great place to start. What are you doing with your eating? Are you modifying that in any way?

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Scotty » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:32 pm

I am eating well, i have cut out fried foods, booze - eating lots of vegies, fruit, starting my own vegie patch over Easter - my main problem is wanting and having to exercise every day
Scotty

Postby court » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Good luck Scotty! I hate to sound like a broken record - BUT once you get into a routine it is SO much easier and your body actually craves the exercise :D God did those words actually come out of my mouth? :shock:
court

Postby Czarina » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:01 pm

Ha ha! You are so right, Court! Who would have thought it? :lol:
Czarina

Postby Manc Missy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi ya Scotty,

Always remember the simple math- calories in vs calories out.

Put simply, you need to eat less calories than what your resting metabolic rate dictates you should be eating. According to my weight, height and age, my body requires 2300 calories to remain at my current weight. So I've cut that in half, and now my body is using fat as fuel.

I know exercise works, and I'd be an idiot to not recommend you do it, but what you put in your mouth is the most important thing! I hate exercise, I try to do a walk maybe once a week but I'm losing an average of 1.3kg a week.

I guess the thing is you need to do something you can be positive you can stick to. If someone told me to lose weight I would need to exercise five times a week, I'd tell them to forget it!

Best of luck mate.

MM

Date started: 9th March (93.7kg)
Next weigh-in: 19th April
Half-way point: 9.4kg
Manc Missy

Postby court » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:50 pm

I would actually say they are just as important as one another. I exercise around 6 times a week - now i wouldnt recommend that to ANYONE as I have already been told I am overdoing it - but i love it. Anyways i am eating 1500 calories a day and averaging 900gms a week weight loss. Perfect for me. No stretchy skin etc etc. I eat a balanced diet, carbs and fats included! :D 6 small meals a day, plenty of water and not much booze, one coffee a day, no diet soft drink (actually makes you hungrier!). It is all about balance. And you do learn to LOVE the exercise....eating well is fantastic and great for you - but the exercise works on the heart muscles.
Good luck all
xo
court

Postby Scotty » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:24 pm

All great advise thanks, when i put my mind to it, i eat well, i worked out i can eat about 1400 cal a day, without being hungry, i just hate the exercising, but i will do it, have too

So at first i am going to walk 30min a day, and build on that

Thanks for all your help, i will keep you posted
Scotty

Postby court » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi Scotty - check out http://www.calorieking.com.au if i werent on Jenny Craig I would definitely be using this website. I think if you calculate it 1400 calories might fall short a little bit for a male. Sometimes it is about fuelling your bodyw ith as much as it needs - not neccesarily depriving it. Good luck.
court

Postby Czarina » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:29 am

I agree with Court, check out CK, it has helped me lose over 30kg - and I don't have to go hungry! :mrgreen:
Czarina

Postby Alexandra » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi Scotty, Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your health is suffering :( I hope you can turn that around and get back on track. Best wishes with your goals - I'm sure you can do it :D 30 mins of walking per day sounds great to me! Good luck with everything :D Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Return to Introductions